Sunday, August 9, 2015

Challenges, Challenges, Challenges


I had a question about the Simple Woman entries. I got the idea from this lady.  If you look at her page, you'll see pictures of others who do this as well.  Seems they have some different sentence starters.  I may look into some of their entries to see other things they are reporting.  It's interesting to look back through those entries and my blog to see what was going on 2, 5, or 10 years.

It's been busy here with the Splitcoaststampers Site sponsoring a Fan Club Challenge this past week.  There were 40 challenges to do.  I love this type of thing since it helps me improve my craft.  You have to be in the Fan Club which is a group of people who pay a subscription to keep the site going.  I get so much valuable information from this site so I don't mind paying for it.
This set of challenges also has prizes from sponsors on the site.  I just finished loading all of my cards to the site and adding links so they can check out what I did.

I have also been busy making cards for Cleveland Clinic Hospice at Home.  I dropped off cards Friday.  Jennifer always makes a big deal of my cards.  She stops anyone going by to show them the cards.  They are a fun group.  They ask how different cards are made.  Maybe someday I'll get a group together from there to make cards, who knows?

This is a card I made for a challenge where you had to use an old stamp set from when you began stamping.  It's amazing how far stamps have come.  This set was wooden and hard to line up.
 This card was for a challenge where you had to make something that wouldn't really happen.  Love these little House Mouse guys.
 This card's challenge was using masking tape.  You cut a piece of masking tape and put ink on the whole strip then put it on the paper.  When you remove it you have some texture in the ink on the cardstock.
 This card was for a challenge were you had to make a card with things on it for your name on SCS.  My name is bensarmom so I made a butterfly and used bugs.
 This is a poor attempt at making a starry night.  I should have stamped the trees first so I could see where stars should go.
 This challenge was to use a watercolor technique. I rubbed distress inks directly on the glossy paper and spritzed a stencil with water then placed it on the glossy paper.
This is a new song for TobyMac.  I love the meaning of it.  This life we live here on earth is not a test.  Once this life is over, you're either in heaven or hell.


Blessing of the Day: Tim, Sarah and I went to dinner at Max and Erma's.  We wanted to go to Olive Garden but there was a long wait. The parking lot was full and people were sitting outside waiting for a table.

I also went to church by myself to hear Alistair Begg preach.  He is an amazing preacher.  His church is called Parkside.  Here's a link to some of his sermons.

I stamped all day and finished all 40 of the challenges.

Blessing of the Day: Dinner with Tim and Sarah

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...