Thursday, August 6, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook August 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook August 6, 2015

Outside My Window...It is a bright and sunny day.  The weather is perfect at 75 degrees with a slight breeze.


 I am thinking...that it's August already.  We will be going on vacation around the middle of the month.  I still get that 'school' feeling eventhough I'm a volunteer.  I read something that described it very well.  August is one long Sunday night, waiting for school to start.

 I am thankful for... all that Tim does for us.  I have to remember to tell him when I see things he's done.

 From the kitchen...is the sound of the coffee maker making my cup of coffee for the morning.

 I am wearing...pj's and flip flops.  Gotta have coffee on the screened in porch before I do anything.

 I am creating... a bunch of new cards using the Fan Club Challenges on SCS.  Some I'm making duplicates of so I can donate to Cleveland Clinic this week.

 I am going... to have to get more envelopes and card jackets at Hollos.

 I am reading...my Bible a little bit more.  Last night in our Bible Study I said I needed help reading more often.  Everyone else said they had the same problem.  So we prayed that everyone would find time to be alone with God and get closer to Him by reading every day.

 I am hoping...that the time that Ben and Rachel are in Texas goes quickly so they will be home again soon.

I am hearing...the ticking of the clock and a plane outside.  Just heard Sarah's car door close, so she's home.

 One of my favorite things...is going to sleep on clean sheets.  I don't know why they feel better, but they do.

 A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I've got to deliver cards to Cleveland Clinic, get a haircut and make more cards.  Love making cards and being challenged by the hostesses on Splitcoast.

Last night we talked about using our spiritual gifts.  Two of the people took a test that helped them determine what their gift is.  We described what our gifts were. We also described it as something you do for others in the name of Christ.  You LOVE doing it.
Can you guess what my gift is? My gift is encouragement, hence I'm a card maker.  Now I have to remember to send more of them.  They can't encourage if they are in the box I put them in. 


Here are some pictures I thought were worth sharing...I found this beautiful quilt card on Pinterest.  I'm going to see if I can make it
.
 Look at this beauty.  I wanted to see if I could do something similar but not with snowflakes, so it could be used any time of year.

Blessings,

3 comments:

tonilea said...

I love this blog entry from today. Is that a journal type of thing you use to write your personal thoughts? The phrases really jump-start one's thought processes. I would love to find something like this.
Both the cards are super nice. The Winter Joy one is beautiful. I would like to try that format myself, for a winter (it is 97 degrees as I write this!!!) card, not Christmas. I only do religious at Christmas. But a winter birthday or thinking of you card would be lovely.
Today I hope to make a minion card for my grandson's birthday. I don't know if he likes minions, but I think they are really cute. I bought him minion pajamas too!
Have a great day -- I began to read your blog for the cards but you offer SO MUCH MORE, I always look forward to the music choices, your thoughts, hearing about your family as well as your cards.
hugs
tonilea

tonilea said...

what happens to the comments? I have written two really nice long comments -- one was a couple weeks ago and I wrote one today. I have gone back each time to see if you had a response and there is NO comment from me. Just wondering.

bensarmom said...

For some reason I don't get notification of comments. I approved some a while back but they got erased. I don't know how that happened. I'm trying to check every day or two to see if there are comments. Hang in there with me.

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....