Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Sunflowers, Cards, Move it!


This was a fun idea someone had, but they didn't have spellcheck, sorry.
 Sunflowers are my favorite flower in the whole world.  When I first started at Splitcoast Stampers this was my avitar.  I may return to it for a while who knows.  I can't imagine seeing a whole field of these.  I think I'd have to run through them or take a picture in the field with them.  Oh, to be surrounded by sunflowers on a beautiful sunny day!  That would be something.
Here are some of the rest of the cards I'm making for the SCS Fan Club Member Challenges this week.  The first card is using the 1" distress inks to make a quilt look on an acrylic block.  I spritzed the block with water then stamped with it.
 Oh my, when I saw this stamp I had to have it.  The look on his/her face is priceless.  If you have suggestions for sayings I could use, let me know.  I even thought about not inking up the balloon so it doesn't have to be a sentiment for a birthday.
 This is a fun card showing paper piecing and masking.  Love the masking technique when it shows dimension like this.
 Here's my cutie again in gray.  I think the gray makes him look meaner, do you?  I used pointism to color the balloon.  I just pounced up and down with several markers in the balloon.

 This is one of my favorite cards.  I used a die from Stampin' Up and cut out designer paper.  Then I glued the paper to white paper and ran it through the big shot with an intricate embossing folder.
 I told you of my love of sunflowers.  Here's a sunflower background with flowers colored and sunflower like flowers on the embossing folder.  Since I made this I added, So Sorry to the front for a sympathy card.

I know I like to close with a Christian Video, but I saw this on Splitcoast as part of a challenge so I had to post this.  Love this song and what they did with it for this movie.  You'll be singing this for a while if you watch this.  You've been warned. LOL


Blessing of the Day: We met with Ashley, the event planner for Ben and Rachel's    event to share their missionary trip to Africa.
Ashley is super organized with all the details. Sarah and I could really relate to her.  We too love to organize, love to go down the school supplies aisles, love getting new stuff from the school supplies aisles!

Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...