Monday, August 3, 2015

Fan Club Card Challenges

This week Splitcoast Stampers is having Card Challenges for all of the ladies who are Fan Club memebers.  There are 4-5 a day.  It's been fun to play and expand my creativity and expand outside my comfort zone.

This card shows masking done with washy tape in the center. I stamped, then added the sentiment. Love this leaves embossing folder.

 I've been sponging a lot lately.  This scene has masking for the sun.  I sponged the background and colored the moose, water and plants. The ground was sponged.  This was a sketch challenge. I'm sure you knew that as it's more layers and detail than I usually do on my cards.
 I love little Rhubarb Bear.  He is from Sweet N Sassy stamps.  I think sunflowers are my favorite flower then yellow roses, then carnations.  I stamped the sunflowers behind  and added dirt with sponging and torn paper.  I colored Rhubarb with Copics and added him with dimensionals.
 This is a very different style for me.  I used multiple stamps for my background.  What do you think?
I even made a tiny heart with fun foam and stamped in pretty in pink with it.
 More Copic coloring and sponging.  The sky was sponged and the rest was colored.  Love the look of twine on sea scape cards.
 Here's another sponged card.  I taped off the lower section while I sponged the sky.  Then I sponged the water and boat.  It looks so peaceful here.
 Another coloring and sponging card. I roughed up the edges that are cherry and used a stencil to ink up the stars. I used gold embossing powder for the stars and added more twine.

Tim and I went to dinner tonight at Mom's Deli.  Because Tim gets to work by 6, he's ready to eat when he gets home at 3:20 p.m.  So we were eating at 4:00 and were right there along with all the much older people!  We were the youngest there.

Ben and Rachel posted to their blog today.  Take a look.


Blessing of the Day:Tim and I went out to Eat at Mom's Deli.  It's nice to date again.....
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...