Monday, August 10, 2015

One More Sleep Until They Are Home

3 1/2 months ago Ben and Rachel said good-bye to Ohio on their way to Kenya, Africa.  They will be home tomorrow evening. They've been in Texas at their missionary headquarters for debriefing and direction for their 2 year missionary assignment.
Seems that their next step will be Mexico.  Mexico is very expensive compared to Africa, so they will have to generate lots of support for that trip.  It will be good to see them.

How could I have forgotten to post my Anniversay?  Friday, Tim and I celebrated out 22nd anniversary.  We went to one of my favorite Italian Restaurants, Carrie Cerinos so I could have their amazing lasagna and wedding soup.  I'm never disappointed when I order these two things. Following dinner we watched a movie here at home. We look so young here.  Wish I felt that young again.

 Here are more cards from  the SCS Fan Club Challenge.  This challenge was to use flowers that were cut out.
 This challenge was a farm yard challenge.  Love these little piggies! I stamped my hardwood background stamp on crumb cake paper and cut it down for a pig-sized fence.
 This is a new flower stamp set for me.  It is a Tim Holtz set called Flower Garden I think.
It has 6 different flowers with 3 separate stems.  So far I love this flower.
So here's Bambi's mom and this morning she was grazing in my garden.  Wish I would have had a paint ball gun.  It's so hard to spend money on plants you enjoy then see it eaten by deer.  We even got deer RESISTANT flowers! That's a lot of money for flowers that feed the deer around here.
Might look into motion sensors that will set off the sprinklers.

This is the verse of the day from my blog.  The song below is one I learned many, many years ago in church. It still is true for me.

Blessing of the Day: Cleaned up my stamping room from all of the challenges I completed over the weekend. It feels good to have a cleared space to stamp.  I had about an 8 1/2" x 11" space to stamp in last night. LOL

I got all my plants watered outside and inside on the screened-in porch.  I also got suet out for the birds.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....