Thursday, January 14, 2016

Rock and Roll, Crockpot, Act of Kindness

Image result for rock and roll hall of fameToday on Splitcoast Stampers our challenge was to make a card with something that was in our neck of the woods.  So I chose The Rock And Roll Hall of Fame.  Here's my card and a picture of the Hall of Fame.  I have to tell you the truth, I've never been there.  Isn't it like that?  You don't visit things in your area, but when company comes you visit things in your area like this.

When I visited my brother who lives in Daytona Beach area, I asked him when the last time was that he went to the beach.  He said he didn't remember when.  He said, "We have a pool, why should we go to the beach?"

I'd like to think now that I'm retired, I'd visit the beach there often.  LOL, but who knows?.

Very helpful-Check out the cool ideas on this video.  Some of those I know already I can use, how about you?
Posted by Smart Hacks on Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Yum, I've gotta try this.  Ben and I have been having fun making dinners together.  We find new recipes, then shop for the ingredients during our regular shopping day, then try it out on family.
Love our mom and son time together.


This is a story from Facebook.
Today I went to Dunkin' Donuts and saw a clearly homeless guy sitting on the side of the road and picking up change. Eventually I saw him stroll into Dunkin, as he was counting his change to buy something I began to get super annoying and talked to him over and over again even when he didn't really want to talk. Since he had maybe $1 in change I bought him a coffee and bagel and asked him to sit down with me. He told me a lot about how people are usually very mean to him because he's homeless, how drugs turned him into the person he hated, he lost his mom to cancer, he never knew his dad and he just wants to be someone his mom would be proud of (along with another hours worth of conversation.)

This lovely mans name was Chris and Chris was one of the most honest & sincere people I've ever met. After realizing I really need to get back to class Chris asked me to wait so he can write something down for me. Handing me a crumpled up receipt he apologized for having shaky hand writing, smiled, and left. I opened his note and this was it. 'I wanted to kill myself today, because of u I now do not. Thank u, beautiful person.' " 

This is a great example of an act of kindness.  It's amazing how this man's life was changed by an act of kindness.  We need to begin to see needs that we can fill. It's so easy when you look around.  The sad part for many of us is that we are in such a hurry to get places, we don't see the needs all around us.  We have schedules we need to keep and people we need to see and things we have to do.  I wonder if we could all slow down just for a bit to see what truly is around us.  We could make such a difference to those around us.

I saw a picture of a man with the saying, A Christian is who you are when no one is watching.

This image was taken in Michigan somewhere.  Not sure I believe that it just appeared, but it sure would be cool if it was.
This was a great picture to help me focus today.  I have been in pain for a long time now and I keep focusing on myself and my pain.  I need to focus on Jesus and keep the negatives I think out of my brain and focus on God's promises.  Why would I listen to Satan's lies when I have all of God's promises?    Feeling dumb right now............
This song was made a few years ago, and I thought it would go along with my post of acts of kindness.  I want to be that Christian that does things to help others without making sure others know it.  I want my headstone to say, "She was used up being God's light in the world,"

I don't know about you, but I look forward to and everlasting joy in Heaven with my Savior.

Tonight was meatloaf and baked potatoes.  I now have to make 2 meatloaves but love the talk and laughing by the kids.  

Blessing of the Day: I got to work on a card tonight.  I've not felt like it, but made one in spite of how I felt.  I made a choice!
Thank you all for your prayers.  They sure are appreciated.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...