Saturday, April 2, 2016

God's Not Dead

Yesterday I went to the opening of God's Not Dead 2, at a local theater.  This was an intense movie.  I really liked it.  I heard it was coming out April 1st, so I checked times and put it in my calendar.  I haven't done this before. It was like God was saying, do this.  It's interesting what happened after the movie.

As I was getting up to leave, an older couple was coming by and I let them go first.  The gentleman thanked me with a pat on the hand.  I followed them out.  As soon as the three of us were out, the gentleman turned to me and began talking about his faith.  He said he was told by God to come to this movie.  He was deeply upset that so many don't see the truth that little by little we're being asked to stop one thing or another because of our faith.  I told him I felt I needed to be at the movie yesterday also.

He gave me his card.  He lives nearby in Berea and works daily with all sorts of people telling them about the gospel.  He was a powerful force.  He was 85 and wearing a Korean War Veteran hat.
I thanked him for his sevice to the Lord and to his country.  He hugged me.  
   Next thing I know two boys came across the theater lobby and shook his hand and thanked him for his service.  He hugged them both and thanked them for the words and actions.  He told them they were on their way to being great men.

All the while this is going on the friend that came with this vet was getting anxious and walking towards the door.  This man would have talked to me all evening I'm sure.  I finally hugged him once more and thanked him and we parted ways.

Thank you God for this encounter.  It was truly amazing.

This came to mind after seeing this movie. 

As I was reading the book, The Power of a Praying Wife, I was reminded that men are attacked by Satan with fears and things of the mind.  It's been a long time since I've read this book but lately thought it was a good thing to read it again.  

I was reminded that Satan brings up so many things to Tim's mind that I have no idea about.  Things that cause anxiety, stress and even fear.  I was reminded that I need to keep Tim's mind a focal point in prayers.  He battles all the time with doubts, stress, anxiety and fears that he doesn't need to.

As the sole provider for our family there is a different way of thinking for him.  Yes, I have a check once a month, but it's less than I received when I worked.  
I think too that the older we get and the closer he comes to retirement, he worries about having enough to do what we'd like.   Men don't usually share this kind of thing, but I'm so glad this book has made me aware again of what men go through each day.

So thankful God brought this book to mind again.  

I saw this Monday on FB and laughed out loud.  Look at the look on the bird's face!
I've been reading about our lives as we get older.  Touch decreases as other things become more important like, doctor visits, physical ailments and just getting through the day.  There are many people who don't get hugs each day.  There are groups now having exercise for older people where if you are comfortable you can get a hug from others.  The human touch is so powerful, that to be without it is a battle to survive. I didn't realize what a powerful thing a hug is.


Cleveland was lit up last night.  I love pictures people post like this. It seems bridges are a favorite.  We have so many types of bridges here in Cleveland.  Take a look at some of them here.

This bridge is one from my childhood.  This bridge crossed The Cleveland Zoo.  We saw this view each time we'd visit the zoo.  So many fond memories of the zoo.
                                             

This is a beautiful song by Kristian Stanfill which reaffirms the love God has for us and our dedication  of our heart to Him.  I hope you enjoy it.


Blessing of the Day:God's Not Dead 2 movie, the veteran I met at the movie and God's prompting to read The Power of a Praying Wife.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings and Hugs,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...