Thursday, May 12, 2016

Lighthouses, Mermaid Purses, and Crabs

Here's a picture of Tim and I at Bodie Lighthouse.  We had taken a walk to a small overlook which gave us a better view of the marshy area around it.
This lighthouse had 200 steps to the top.  Neither Tim nor I walked to the top.  It was too much walking after all of the walking we did. We noticed that the lighthouses were striped differently so that the captains could tell which harbor they were coming into.
Sunset comes again. We're supposed to have a thunderstorm tonight. 
Take a look at what we found today on the beach.  There are many on the beach here.  They are called Mermaid Purses.  Take a look at the video below to see what these are.  This was opened on one end so there wasn't anything in it any longer.
                                                       





This is the song I thought of for the verse.  It's a beautiful song.
We saw lots of crabs out tonight.  They were near the waters edge.  We all went out with flashlights and found so many good-sized crabs running all over the beach and into the water.  One had a baby crab in its claw. Another had a shrimp in its claw.  It was so much fun that I didn't want to stop.  I was like a little kid, I didn't want to go in the house.  I said, "But I don't want to go in."  I had to anyway. LOL

I am fascinated by the things we find on beaches.  Every beach we go to we find different things.
Blessing of the Day:Fun time crabbing tonight.
Thanks for stopping  by,
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...