Monday, May 2, 2016

The Walking Dead?

Today began just like this picture.  The weather is rainy and this morning we had fog so thick it was like pea soup to drive through.  I've had a headache since I woke up.  After Excedrin and 2 cups of coffee I still have a headache.  I'm drinking water now to see if that will help.  I even tried my oil for headaches.

I did get my errands done today early.  I love being able to do errands during the week when many others are working.  I went to the drive through at the bank, then to the post office where I just dropped off packages while others waited in line, then to Michaels which opened yesterday in Strongsville.

Such saddness ensued when I was finished looking around.  I had a 50% off coupon and there wasn't ANYTHING stamping related that I wanted.  I was disapointed that I didn't see embossing folders, a good selection of clear stamps and new products like Heidi Swapp's Minc products.

I said to myself, Well, I guess I'll continue to drive around the corner to Pat Catans.  I was so excited to finally get a Michaels store around here.  The one I've gone to at Ridge Park Square had all the things I said I wanted to see at the new store.  Sigh.......I ended up buying a large skein of yarn which was 9.99.  I love the colors in it. There was a pattern for a baby blanket that took just that one large skein of yarn.


I've always loved these Bible passages. Alistair Begg used to say this at the end of the service.  Not sure if he still does, I haven't been to Parkside in a while.
I saw this on FB today and thought, "What a wonderful way to start the week."  
 This is a beautiful picture of Ben and Rachel taken at Rachel's brother's wedding on Saturday.  Ben's not big on getting pictures taken, but Rachel can be quite persuasive!
 This is Adam, my great-nephew.  He is 6 months old already.  He's working on keeping his head up.


Verse of the Day-

I was listening to Alistair Begg this afternoon and he spoke about how when we are saved we are new beings in Christ.  Before being in Christ we are part of the Walking Dead.  That brought to mind the TV show that's on.  As I thought about this I have to agree that term is perfect.  We all were The Walking Dead before we were saved.  

Tonight the Cavs take on the Atlanta, Hawks in Game 1 of the second round.  We just got cable again so it will be fun to watch the game without streaming it through a laptop.  I love the playoffs, since Tim, Ben and I watch the games together. I used to watch games with my dad.  I remember a time where he was replacing roofing and was listening to a game on the radio.  I was helping him by being the go-fer, you know when he needed something I'd go for it!

That brings to mind a fear I had.  When Dad asked for me to bring a tool from his tool room I was afraid to ask him what it was, so I'd ask a brother on the way to the tool room and he'd show me what I needed to bring to my dad.  If you didn't bring the right thing, sometimes Dad would get mad.
I learned a lot about tools and their names by doing this.

Blessing of the Day: I got errands done and got time to watch Alistar Begg's sermon.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...