Wednesday, June 22, 2016

2 Million Attend Parade for Cavs in Cleveland!

It's Cav's Day today in Cleveland. However, places of employment were open for business.  I'm sure this is the biggest sickout Cleveland has ever had!
Check out this video.


This is what 2 million people in Cleveland looks like!  It was an unbelievable day in Cleveland today.  People flooded into Cleveland to see the parade and recognition program.  Never in a million years would I do this.  Too many people, too many things could go wrong.  I'm so glad there were minor incidents until after it was all over.  A 12 year old girl was shot twice in the leg. They have the suspect, who had a gun in his hand, in custody.
I was worried that some person would try to do something with guns or bombs with the large number of people expected. Praise God nothing like that happened.

Cleveland's never done anything this scale before, but now know you need barricades to keep people out of the street so the parade can advance down the street.


Of course Lebron James was easy to spot. He rode with his wife, two sons, and his adorable little girl. It was a hot, sunny day and there will be lots of people tomorrow with sunburns.
I listened to Lebron speak about his teammates but was disappointed with the swearing.  Think of how many kids were listening to their hero today.  What kind of example did he set by swearing? I know many people probably didn't mind, but I mind. I mind especially when it's a public figure giving a public, televised speech.

The parade was a distance of 1.2 miles.  It took 3 hours for the parade to get to the end. This was mostly because people filled the streets and it took a long time for them to move so the parade could move past.  I hope Cleveland learned some things they can do for next time.

I wish they would have done it like the Macy's Day parade, where the hosts told you who was on each float and facts about them. I hated listening to the old pros talk about the glory days, and about the players on the Cavs' team.

I saw this on FB and just had to share.  I wonder what Steph Curry and his wife did today.....Probably having a new mouth guard made.
Checkin' out Golden State's parade.

I saw this on FB and thought it was funny too. People out there are so creative and funny.
 This was on FB too. I thought it was hilarious. For the record I don't like fish.


 Look at this package of sweetness!  Adam just found his feet!  Isn't he adorable?
 Love his blue eyes. His hair is red. I wonder what he's looking at with those big baby blues.
So, in a post from Dawn found here, she suggested using an acrylic photo frame to hold stamps you're using on projects so they don't get lost.  I took it one step further and added a photo in the frame so when you're not using it for stamping, it can be a cute frame on your desk.  What do you think?

 Okay, now I feel badly for posted about Steph Curry earlier in my post. Did I speak encouragement to build Steph Curry up?  Maybe it's different when you write it. It's not your tongue, but your fingers. LOL

No kidding now, we all have great difficulty with what we say to others and how.  It seems that the ones closest to us get the worst of it.  I pray that God can help me tame my tongue. I pray that He will help me speak encouragement and not negativity.

Blessing of the Day: Spending time with Sarah. Ben and Tim had time watching the Cleveland, Indians win again tonight.  They are in first place by 3 games.

I have to admit that with all the celebrating today here in Cleveland/Believeland, I was tempted to put Queen's rendition of Champions of the World....however, upon listening to it and watching the video they had, I just couldn't put you through it. LOL
This is Steven Curtis Chapman singing, More than conquerors.  I've posted the lyrics below the video.
"More Than Conquerors"

Now there is no condemnation, now there is no guilt or shame
For those who have been covered by the blood of Jesus
And now the words of our accuser have been robbed of all their pow’r
And the enemy has been defeated by the blood of Jesus
So we stand with our hearts washed clean
And we lift up our hands and sing

We are more than conquerors, we are more than conquerors
God if You are for us, who can be against us
We are more than conquerors, we are more than conquerors
God if You are for us, who can be against us

What can separate us from Your love

Once we were the slaves and pris’ners, now we’re children of the King
The favored sons and daughters, saved by the blood of Jesus
So tell me death, where is your vict’ry and tell me grave where is your sting
You’ve been swallowed up in life, forever by the blood of Jesus
And we stand as the ones redeemed
As we lift up our hearts and sing

By the blood of the Lamb, by the Word of our testimony
The enemy has been, the enemy will be defeated

We are more than conquerors, we are more than conquerors
God, if You are for us, who can be against us
What can separate us from Your love
God, if You are for us, who can be against us

I know this is a long post, but I had so much to share. I'm sure I forgot something, but that's enough for today.

Thank you for stopping by today.
Blessings

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...