Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Belated 4th To You

Happy belated 4th of July America! We had a fun day of food and family. Instead of the traditional hot dogs and hamburgers we had sandwiches, chips, potato salad, apple crumb pie, cookies and mom's delicious cheese cake.  It was a full day of visiting and laughing. So thankful for times like this with kids.

 When I read this I wondered, why don't schools have this? I was shocked with the number of teens with these issues that this isn't being taught in schools.  Time to look at the curriculum and help kids before things really get out of hand. Info. of where to go for help is just as important.


I am very upset with the announcement that the FBI recommended that Hillary Clinton NOT be prosecuted.  Listen to what Mike Huckabee said.
 

This is a card for a woman whose husband is seriously ill.  Today is Teapot Tuesday challenge where we are given the name/address of a person needing encouragement. We then make a card and send it to them with our own message and words.  I'm now in search of a good Bible verse stamp for this card so I can send it tomorrow.  Thank you God for bringing needs before me like this.

This is a card I designed for Jan and Jane to make Saturday.  They both have little boys they can send this card to. Jan has two grandsons and Jane has a great-nephew.  This card was well received by both ladies.

 This is the stamp I asked Jan to bring Saturday.  Isn't this little guy adorable?  I colored him with Copic Markers then added real buttons, and the letter C for Cleveland Indians on his cap.  I like how this came out. The two challenges were to use a cool dessert and negative masking.

The large heart was a die that I colored the inside of. The small heart was a smaller heart that was die cut in white and colored with the die still on the paper.  It leaves a small white outline around it.  The paper I used is from Jan. A professional printer made these marbled paper samples and gave lots to Jan.  She then shared them with Jane and I.
Isn't this a beautiful picture of downtown Cleveland? The rainbow really adds to it as it frames the skyline.
                                         

Faith is the hardest thing we deal with as Christians.  It is the reason many people disagree with Christianity.  They can't believe in something they can't see.  It's so sad that people don't want someone else guiding their life. They don't want to give up control to God.

Check on this song by Skillet.


Feeling down today. I just don't feel up to par. Not sure why. Prayers appreciated.

Blessing of the Day: I was able to make a card for Donna and Tim's on vacation this week.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...