Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Busy Making Cards


I'm not sure who is more excited, Ben and Rachel or Tim and I.  A couple from their church owns a double and asked if Ben and Rachel would want to look at it.  They told them they'd be happy to reduce the rent because they wanted someone they knew living under them.

So Ben, Rachel and Sarah went to look at it yesterday and God answered prayers in a mighty way! The couple reduced the rent, and said they'd get all new appliances, they were going to re-stain the hard wood floors, update the kitchen and bathrooms!  They were going to add concrete to the driveway so they could park side by side and wouldn't have the issue of moving cars. 

This is a true God Story to me.  We've all been praying for a place for them to live that would fit their budget. They were blessed beyond what we ever could imagine.  It's just incredible to see God's hand at work.

Friday began the Splitcoaststampers challenge week.  It is a members only appreciation week where we are given challenges to make cards.
This challenge was to use birds in your card.  These cutie pies and the little chick from Honeycomb Happiness and turned them into robins.  I love learning other ways to use my stamps.  Now this set can be used year round instead of just at Easter.
 This challenge was to use watercoloring on your card.  I use a foil background behind the sentiment.
 This card was make your own background.  I loved this sweet mouse. I challenged myself to use something less obvious for a birthday card.
 This was from Sundays challenge to find a card in the chosen persons gallery and make it your own.  The sunflowers I chose had this pretty colored centers on the flowers.
This is called the double-pleated skirt card.  It was so simple to make.

Here we are into August and teachers are counting the days down until their first day.  It's a horrible feeling. It's worse that the Sunday evening blues.

I am working on continued quiet time daily.  So much seems to get in the way.  I am trying to learn much about God. You;ll get the idea when you listen to the song today. To know you by Casting Crowns is our song today.





Blessing of the Day:Ben and Rachel found the bottom of a double to move to Sept. 1st.
Thanks for stopping by,
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...