Thursday, August 11, 2016

Cat, Cards, Christ

This is Tim's office and his helper, Phoebe.  She often helps Tim on his desk. She likes to be under the desk lamp so she lays on his desk under the warm light.  Tim loves it when she comes to help him at his desk.

Sometime Phoebe goes into supervisor mode, and sits above Tim making sure he's working.  She's such a sweet kitty.  She follows Tim around as though she were a puppy.
This is a card I did for the color challenge Tuesday. You had to use mossy meadow, olive, and daffodil.  I had seen a similar sketch on a blog so I changed a few things and made it mine.

This is one of my favorite two-step stamping sets. I loved how well the sentiment die went with this.  The sentiment fits beautifully in the die.
This is one of my favorite little girls to stamp and color.  I stamped, colored and cut her out with a die.  I pulled her arms a bit out to make her look like she was ready to hug someone. That's why there's a shadow under her arms. The border dies are almost the same as the background paper.
This is another Pure Innocence little girl.  I made the background look like faux shaving cream technique.
This was a really cool background that you make with spray starch.  You use water based ink and put it on glossy card stock. Then you spray starch on it then add color again.  The last thing you do is crumple up saran wrap and cover the whole paper with it.  30 minutes later remove the plastic and you get this cool effect.
I forgot the glossy paper prevents the black ink I used, from drying so it smeared.....

Verse of the Day:We are so fortunate for God's grace and mercy aren't we?


As I was brought back to the recovery room after my eye surgery, I heard an older woman trying to tell her nurse about Jesus.  She said all of the right things and the nurse wouldn't listen to her. The woman was so upset that the nurse just wouldn't believe her. I prayed for both women.  I totally agreed with the older woman of course.  The nurse didn't believe she'd go to hell, she didn't believe Jesus loved her, she didn't believe Jesus died for her sins.  I am praying that a seed was planted, even if it's doubt. Thank you Lord that this woman was a speaker of light for you.  Every one has their gifts given by God.

Here's a song by Matt Maher called Deliverer. Listen to it and see what you think.


Tim and I are going to pick Ben and Rachel up from the airport. At first it was 11:40 now it's 12:58.  I'm trying to convince Tim to take tomorrow off.  We'll see what happens.  Ben and Rachel are coming from the WIM conference in San Antonio, Texas.

Blessing of the Day: God is keeping us in faith mode not worry mode about his job.  He is faithful and will take care of us. No room for worry, just trust that He will be with us the whole way.

The eye doctor says the eye looks good and I will see him in two weeks.
Thanks for making time to read this.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...