Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Nostalgia Time

Tonight I was looking through old pictures.  I found a few that I wanted to share on FB with family. The first picture is my twin Anne, then Molly, then me. Annie and I are probably 6 or 7 months old.
 This is the Community Center in my mom's home town.  It was called, 'The Comm House'.  It's where everyone went to get their mail. It housed meeting rooms, and other things for fun but I'm not sure what.  I just remember going to this place to get my Grandma's mail with her or my mom.
 This is my Grandfather, John Porto. He usually had a towel on his shoulder and food in the oven or on the stove.  He always fed anyone who came to visit. I'm so missing him tonight.  He's been gone 18 years now.  He died on his wedding anniversary. He was a real character.

I saw this on FB and had to share.
...enough said here right?

 This is the card I made today for the sketch challenge.  This WAS a challenge for me to get the top two layers correct.
This is the card I made yesterday with the colors mambo, denim, and mint. I stamped off once before stamping on the background.  Then I stamped and colored this stinkin' cute kitty.
This is for an almost 3 year old boy named Jack who will have surgery in two days. He lives near Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Praying for you Jack. This is a card for the Tuesday Teapot Challenge. A person in need of cards is posted and we make cards and send them to that person.  Just another thing I love about Splitcoast Stampers Website.



Verse of the Day:The Lord gives wisdom. That's what Tim and I are praying for; God's wisdom with Tim's job situation.
Image result for Proverbs 2:1-5

This is an amazing and upbeat song that just is so uplifting.  I needed this tonight after looking at so many pictures of the past.


Blessing of the Day: I got a lot of things sorted today and emptied the last drawer of the 4-drawer file cabinet.  What a great feeling. Down-sizing isn't easy, but doing it little by little while I can, makes all the difference.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...