Sunday, September 25, 2016

FOR TODAY September 25, 2016

The Simple Woman’s Daybook   

FOR TODAY September 25, 2016

Outside My Window...It is still light and I can hear the sounds of talking and laughing of the neighbors.

I am thinking...That the Browns came so close to winning their game today.

I am thankful for...Tim and all he does around here. Today he planted grass seed and is getting the pool ready to close for the season.

From the kitchen...is the smell of pork roast with sauerkraut. This is a favorite of Tim's. He has this over mashed potatoes.

I am wearing...t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

I am creating...a ripple afghan with basic colors that were left over from Tim's afghan.

I am going...to a meeting tomorrow, then I'll run errands.

I am reading...nothing right now. I have the time but not the desire.

I am praying...that Tim will have a job, but if not, I'm praying we'll be stress free and follow where God leads.

I am hearing...something my mom used to say...."If wishes were horses, we'd all take a ride."  I'm not sure when this was said. It might have been when I wanted something I couldn't have. Do you ever have things pop into your head at random times? This is one of those random thoughts.

Around the house...Phoebe is chasing a fly that got in.  It's the best entertainment!

One of my favorite things...is swimming in the pool. I will miss it for sure.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:I hope to see mom Monday or Tuesday. Our Bible study is cancelled. Our dear friends, Maryanne and Chuck must go to Pennsylvania for the funeral of their niece, Hannah who was only 17. She was free from leukemia, but died from the mold that was in her lungs......so sad....too young. However, God knows what He's doing so I don't question it.


Here are pictures I thought I'd share...

This was for the featured stamper last Sunday.  This stamp is so much fun to color.
 This was this week's featured stamper.
 Isn't this little guy a hoot?  I was trying to come up with sayings to go with his four mood.  This was the only stamp I could come up with.  Any ideas from you out there?
 This is my nephew, Jake.  He plays football for his high school in Florida. He is #1 in the green and white shirt, with the ball.

We all come to the end of our lives as naked and empty-handed as on the day we were born.
We can't take our riches with us.   Ecclesiastes 5:15

Image result for baby

Check it out! There actually was a song called, "If Wishes Were Horses...." One version was sung by Kenny Rogers and the First Edition.  Oh my, that was so many years ago!


Blessing of the Day: I got some cleaning done, some cards and some schoolwork. Tim got some things done around here too. So thankful he can do that.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...