Saturday, November 19, 2016

The First Snowfall....The Back Porch Is Closed...It's a Sad, Sad Day


The first snowfall of the year came to Cleveland today.  Go figure, yesterday was 72 degrees and I was sitting out on the back porch with coffee! LOL  Today I woke up to the porch furniture moved for winter. It's a sad, sad, day when the pool closes but it's even worse when the back porch closes!
  Now I have to stay inside for 6 months or so.
Today the snow began mid-afternoon but got heavier as the day progressed. It's sticking to the ground but the roads are fine.  We'll see what it's like tomorrow morning.
Image result for snowfall gif
Ruth Trice made a card very similar to this.  I copied her design because she put together colors I wouldn't have. It's fun to see what others do and see if you can step out of your comfort zone to recreate a card.  I tend to you yellows like lemon or daffodil, not mustard.
 These are some of my Christmas cards.  I don't know how many I made today, but it was a lot of cutting using my dies.  I love how the copper paper looks with the pine cones on the left.  The pine cones on the right were made with dark brown paper that was colored with Gold Wink of Stella. There is so much sparkle on those pine cones.
I made more cards today. These look like quilt cards. They are 1" squares lined up on my grid paper.  I have a 1" punch so it goes quickly.  I love the braid embossing folder which looks like a sweater doesn't it?
This is the second Christmas Cactus I have that's blooming! The South-east window they are in is fantastic for blooms. I have an African Violet that's budding again too!

This is a beautiful story where God put this Santa in the right place at the right time.  Look how this realistic Santa looks and sounds when he talks to Landon, who has autism.


Verse of the Day:
Image result for Malachi 3:10

I know I've shared this before, but it feels like now that Thanksgiving is almost here the pace is picking up and we'll all be running around trying to get ready for Christmas.  I'm praying that won't happen.


Please continue to pray for Tim. His work time now is filled with stress. His home time is as well.  He can't turn off work.  He is studying new material to add to his job skills each night.  I'm praying for his physical and mental health.  Please Lord, hold him close to you and reassure you've got this.

Blessing of the Day: I got lots of Christmas cards made today.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...