Saturday, February 11, 2017

What Is Warm Up America?


What is Warm Up America! (WUA!)

Welcome to Warm Up America! the charity that has warmed peoples' lives since 1991. Evie Rosen photoIt started in a small Wisconsin town with neighbors knitting and crocheting afghans for neighbors in need. Thanks to the creativity of founder Evie Rosen who came up with the idea of having volunteers knit or crochet small sections and then others join them together, the idea quickly caught on. Today Warm Up America distributes warm afghans, caps and other items to tens of thousands of people, thanks to the generosity of knitters and crocheters around the country.


See some of the amazing organizations that these afghans are headed to:
Those in purple are in our area.
Altenheim Senior Living in Strongsville, Ohio
Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless in Cleveland, Ohio
Cleveland Veteran’s Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio
St. Augustine Hunger Center in Cleveland, Ohio
Operation Safety Net at Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Hospice of Dayton, Ohio
The Blessing House in Amherst, Ohio
Paramount Senior Living in Bethal Park, Pennsylvania
Light of Life Ministry in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Oakleaf Personal Care Home in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
ManorCare in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Orrville Public Library in Orrville, Ohio
The Humane Society of Monroe, Michigan
The Salvation Army of Monroe County in Monroe, Michigan
The Devoted Barn in Newport, Michigan
Holy Family Hospice in Parma, Ohio
Veteran’s Affairs in Mount Vernon, Ohio
Old Man Rivers Food Pantry in Parkersburg, West Virginia
Free Tastes Good in Toledo, Ohio
Paul & Carol David YMCA of Jackson Township Refugee of Home Program in Canton, Ohio

I spent the day helping to make afghans at Pat Catan's again today.
I can't wait to see how many afghans were made and how much money was donated to this cause.  Mom and I donated 7 afghans! You can be sure, I'll be making more to be donated next year.
Here's another afghan finished and donated today.


I saw this and just had to share.


 This is today's Inspiration Challenge. I used the triangles on the pillow to base my card on.  I liked the different paper layout and this was  quick and easy. I had the images and sentiment ready to go.
Here's my buddy Phoebe. She hangs with me a lot.  She has climbed into my Warm Up America bag.  She proceeded to go to sleep in it.  Could she be any sweeter?
              


I liked this. It really personalizes God for me.



Verse of the Day:"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants."   Deuteronomy 30:19 
Image result for Deuteronomy 30:19



Blessing of the Day: I got to help make afghans for people who need them. I got to see Ben's basketball team win today.  I love to watch him encourage those young boys.

Please pray for Tim. He's got a nasty cold that has brought fever, chills, and a cough. Tim doesn't get sick often, but when he does, it's not good.  Continue to pray for us that Tim can get a job.

Thank you for stopping by.

Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....