Monday, March 13, 2017

Sadness and Distress

Such sad news was delivered last evening. My niece's little 6 day old baby died.  There's nothing sadder than an infant dying.  He was premature and his name was Kaleb.  What a horrible tragedy to bear.  Please pray for Beka and Brett, the parents of Kaleb.  Pray for the families of Bekah and Brett, as we all are grieving this loss.  Thank you so much. 


Heaven's Rocking Chair
© Ron Tranmer More By Ron Tranmer
Published on June 2014
Are there rocking chairs in Heaven
where little babies go?
Do the angels hold you closely
and rock you to and fro? 

Do they talk silly baby talk
to get a smile or two,
and sing the sleepy lullabies
I used to sing to you?

My heart is aching for you,
my angel child so dear.
You brought such joy into my life,
the short time you were here.

I know you're in a happy place,
and in God's loving care.
I dream each night I'm rocking you
in Heaven's rocking chair.


Source: http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/heavens-rocking-chair

This is a  card where I watercolor washed ink onto watercolor paper. When dried I added the black ink of flowers, sentiment and bees. Lastly I added yellow wink of stella to the bees.
The blue, green and yellow card was made after I saw the blue and pink card.  This card was for The Stamper of the Week at SCS. I loved the idea of water coloring background then laying a stencil on top and spritzing it with water and removing it immediately.
This card was for two challenges: One was to use saffron, peek-a-boo peach, and cucumber crush on a card.  I also used a die that said, prayers with adhesive paper. I cut out the word and put it on my cardstock. Then I sponged around it. When all the sponging was done, I removed the word and the sentiment was left in white. This is called die masking.  Pretty cool huh?


Psalm 34:18English Standard Version (ESV)

18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
    and saves the crushed in spirit.
Image result for Psalm 34:18English Standard Version (ESV) 18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Blessing of the Day: I got to spend time with Mom today. She is in a new facility and therapy will continue. 

Thank you for stopping by. 
Blessings,
Bensarmom

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...