Saturday, March 25, 2017

The Simple Woman March 25, 2017


This originated from here:http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY-Saturday, March 25, 2017

Outside My Window...It is cloudy and gray.

I am thinking...It might be a pajama day.

I am thankful for...Tim's prayers and support.

From the kitchen...all is quiet.

I am wearing...PJ's

I am creating...my first cards in almost a week.

I am going...to take today off from visiting my mom. My sister from Columbus is here to visit her.

I am reading...the same book I took out of the library 6 weeks ago.

I am hoping...Mom starts to feel better and get more strength for therapies and life in general. The flu knocked everything out of her.

I am hearing...the ticking of the clock in my work area.

Around the house...The kitten is causing mayhem as usual. She jumped into the clothes hamper in the bathroom, knocked it down and move the shower curtain in the process.


One of my favorite things...A cup of hot coffee while sitting on the back porch.


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I'll be visiting Mom and praying she gets stronger. She has gone backwards from where she was when she arrived here 2 weeks ago.  The flu and a UTI have been a large part of that.

I'm back to school Thursday and Friday. It was so good to be back there this week.  It's a chance for me to give back and to be replenished by doing for others. I get so much from doing this.


Here are pictures  I am sharing...
I loved this image. It made me smile. I needed this type of humor today.
 These are some of my favorite flowers because of their color, scent and beauty.
 This was my inspiration for my card for today's Inspiration Challenge on SCS.  I changed the square shape to a circle and changed the berries to lilacs.

 This is the card I made using the inspiration above with the blackberries. This was a watercolor challenge where I added water with a misting bottle after I stamped the first layer of ink. I dried it with a heat tool, then stamped the detail layer. This is a very old SU set. It's one of my favs that will never be given away until I'm gone. It's called, Blossoms Abound.
This is the inspiration I used for my second card. It is for the Stamper of the Week. A stamper is chosen, you look through their gallery and choose a card and remake it with differences.
                                         
                      Here's my card. I used a stencil and put versamark on it, then I added white embossing powder to it and heated it. Then I used distress inks and sponged it over the embossing. I used different colors, a different stencil and image. I colored the image with Copic Markers then added sparkle with clear Wink of Stella.
                                           

Verse of the Day: Have you found that in following Christ, it is difficult? I have. Jesus never said following him would be easy. In fact, by looking at his life, we see that His life wasn't easy.  He said I will be with you every step of the way, but never said it would be easy.
If we think about it, if it were easy, He wouldn't need to be with us each step of the way, would he?
The difficulties we face in life bring us closer to God. We call out to Him in times of need don't we? Our walk with the Lord is closer because of the difficulties in our life.
Image result for Mark 8:34-35

Blessing of the Day: Time with Tim and I got a PJ day.

Song is by David Dunn-I wanna go back-See if you feel the same.


Thanks for stopping by,
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...