Sunday, April 23, 2017

Busy, Busy Day

Today was a busy one for sure.  Tim and I visited Ben and Rachel's church today as they celebrated two years in ministry! Praise God! The church is called Reaping The Harvest.
This is a church which serves the Lorain/104th Ave. area. Many people of many backgrounds, those with homes, those that are homeless come to services here.  This is where Ben and Rachel are training and in their last year of ministry study. Once they finish their year, they will be full-fledged missionaries.  It's amazing how fast this time has gone.
Reaping The Harvest-Cleveland OhioImage may contain: 1 person, indoor


Next came the Cavs game against the Indiana Pacers. The Cavs swept the series! Now our guys have several days off to rest while they wait to see who they will play in the second round of the playoffs. It will be Milwaukee, Bucks or the Toronto, Raptors.  My twin Anne, lives in Milwaukee. It could be an interesting series if we play Milwaukee, huh Annie?


We continued to watch basketball but I worked on my afghan. I am almost finished with it. Right now I'm working on the final round of the border. I will photograph it when I'm done.

Sarah came over to watch the game with us. It was fun to see her. I like when she drops in.  She had to return Tim's tarp so Ben could use it.  So we all got together to watch a game together.

Annie made an amazing dinner for us.  She made Sunday Chicken which was fabulous! She also had corn and a cucumber salad!  Tim said she could cook for us anytime!  We did the clean up and let her rest.

Anne has one more day here then she'll head home.  I had the best time with her last night.  We went to Kohls to look at all sorts of things. I don't have anyone to shop with like that. We had fun looking at clothes, then jewelry that was on sale. We bought some jewelry that was marked down to $18 or less.  You know every once in a while a girl has to get some bling.  I also got some earrings that I typically wouldn't have bought. It was so much fun checking out all the jewelry together.  We have very similar taste so it's easy to shop for each other.

I saw this on FB the other day and really liked it so much I wanted to share it.  The best feeling is to do something for someone expecting nothing in return. That's the Christian way isn't it?  I've always taught my kids, If you see a need and your can fill it, do it.


I really liked this also. It's entitled, Who I am in Christ. Look at all of those things listed.
This is a thank you card I made for Annie. I just loved coloring these animals, especially the little bear.  This is a regular stamp set that I stamped and colored, then added red wink of stella to make a red shirt like Winnie the Pooh wears.  Cute huh?


Verse of the Day:James 1:12

Image result for james 1:12 esv


Here is a new song from Danny Gokey called, The Comeback. Give it a listen and tell me what you think.


Blessing of the Day: Got to see the kids today which is always a blessing.  Annie made a scrumptious dinner, and I got to sped time again with Annie.

Thanks for visiting.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...