Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day 2017

   While we celebrate with family this day off, we must remember not all are celebrating today. So many gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.  Many people remember love ones lost while serving this country. It's filled with such sadness.  

I heard someone say, "Happy Memorial Day."  There's nothing happy about it.  So many people died to keep us free. My heart goes out to the many families affected today. I can't possibly imagine what it's like to lose someone in a battle so far away.  I'm praying for those who have been affected by serving their country.  God Bless the families who were left behind. Hold them near, Lord.                                     

      


 
While my dad served in WWII, he didn't lose his life serving. I miss him so much since he's been gone 33 years. That's half my life.....I miss our talks, our fun times, our silly times, our hugging times. You were an amazing friend, Dad. I will always miss and love you. I can't wait to see you again in heaven. I love you Dad.


Tim got a picture of the two cats sleeping on his desk.  I'm so happy they can be this close now.  Phoebe is now 9 months old.

This is a card I did for a double challenge. Clean and Simple was to make a background. Technique lovers challenge was to use ink to make a background. It's a technique where you wet ink and put a credit card in the ink and scrape it across your card stock.

This is a card for the featured stamper challenge. I took the color scheme, the layout and flowers to make my card. It is a triangle stamp from Stacy Stamps called geranium. I hadn't seen a sample of it before I colored it so I didn't know it was geraniums. That's why they are colored different colors.  The large Happy Birthday is from Stampin' Up.

Verse of the Day: This gave me lots to think about. The one question I came back to was, what am I doing to bring more people to God's kingdom? How about you?


This is my favorite song for a day such as this. My kids performed this song in one of their Spring Concerts and did sign language with it. I cried when they performed it and cry each time I hear this song. We had such a privilege living here in the USA. So many take it for granted. Please don't. God needs to be included in all we do here. He needs to be back in schools, and our lives. Lord please forgive us and help us.


Blessing of the Day: We had all the kids and Harper here for the day. It's always a wonderful day when we all get together. So much fun and love shared. It makes this Mom's heart swell with such love! Thank you Lord for the family you've given me.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...