Monday, May 1, 2017

Some of my Favorite Places....

This is my all time favorite place on earth to be.  The ocean has always given me a peace and calm that can't be reproduced by any other place.
 Here's another favorite place for me. It's my twin sister's house in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  Such sweet sister time spent in this house over the years.  I'm truly blessed to have the BEST twin in the world.  Her hobby is gardening and she is a master at it. She's had a 'green thumb' for lots of years.
 This is another of my favorite spots. It is my screened in porch. I love watching the birds. This is a female rose-breasted Grosbeak.   This is a new bird for us this year.
 This is a picture of the male. There were two eating suet at the same time.  When this bird flew in to the feeder I could see a beautiful red color on the underside of the wings.
Image result for red breasted grosbeak
Here's a better picture of the bird from the internet. See we learn things every day. I also learned that his bird is part of the robin family. :)

Image result

Here is my card for Friday's challenge. We were given the cake image as our inspiration. I had a good time coloring this card in. I added white liquid applique for the steam, then heated it.

This is from Sunday's featured stamper. She used an acrylic block with ink then sprayed it with water then added her images.   I used olive, mambo and turquoise on a block, sprayed it and stamped with the block. Then I added the silhouette images and ribbon.
Saturday's challenge was to use healing words on your card.  Here's mine. The fox stamp is from Whimsy Stamps and the sentiment is from Sweet-N-Sassy stamps.  Everyone needs to know they are treasured.

Today in 1954 my Mom and Dad were married.



Verse of the Day:
Image result for Romans 1:20

This is a beautiful song by Tenth Avenue North.  It is a new one for me, hope you like it.


Blessing of the Day: I visited with Mom. I went with Ben to Hollo's then to lunch at Panera. It was pouring down rain, but we had a great time anyway.  I told my mom I was looking forward to spending time with just Ben. We did this as kids grew, Tim and I would each take a child and do something special on Friday night.

Wouldn't you know Ben said he enjoyed this today because it reminded him of doing it when he was a kid!  Booyah!

Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....