Friday, June 9, 2017

Breathe, Beach, Coffee, Tea

I've been having fun with the challenge cards on Splitcoast this week.  This is today's challenge which was to, 'go to the beach'.  I stamped and sponged the scene then added transfer gel to my water stamp and stamped several times. When the gel was dry I put transfer foil on top and heated it in my laminator. When the transfer gel was, the foil stuck.  I added the chairs and it was done.

This card for the the sketch challenge. I am working on using up retired designer paper and images I've stamped or made and had in a box ready to use.
This is a card I made using different shades of blue and green inks. I stamped the tree in espresso then added gems. I'm trying to use up designer paper.



Verse of the Day: Romans 8:38-39  Once we are 'born again', We are God's forever.  There is nothing Satan can do to take us from God. We will never be separated. That should give us all the peace we need to continue to do what God has for us to do.  Do you have a Ministry?  Something you love to do and something that encourages or helps others?
I make greeting cards and send them to individuals I don't know and to groups who request cards.  I'm making cards almost every day.  Now that I'm retired, I have the time to make multiple cards a day.
Right now I'm making cards for : South Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice, Cleveland Ronald McDonald House, Cards For a Cause, and an Assisted Living Facility.
One of my gifts is, encouragement. Hence my ministry was born.
Image result for Romans 4:18-21
The featured song story comes to us from Matthew West. We’re excited to share with you the story behind his new single “Broken Things.”

“I had a hard time getting through the writing and recording process on this song without choking up – it brings me to tears and into a place of worship. The fact that God still uses me blows me away. There are a lot of times that I feel broken and unqualified for God to use me, but day after day He invites me into the gates and says ‘I’m going to use you in a powerful way’ because our God is in the business of using broken people and broken things.” – Matthew West



Blessing of the Day: Having lunch with Sarah at Chipolte. I got to see Ben with Harper, their puppy.
Tim and I had a nice evening on the back porch.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...