Tuesday, June 6, 2017

D-Day 2017

June 6, 1944 is known as D-Day.  American and French flags seen during commemorations marking the 73rd anniversary of D-Day, the June 6, 1944, landings of Allied forces in Normandy.


This the the beach at Normandy, France. A few weekends ago, British artist Jamie, accompanied by numerous volunteers, took to the beaches of Normandy with rakes and stencils in hand to etch 9,000 silhouettes into the sand, representing fallen soldiers. Titled The Fallen 9000, the piece is meant as a stark visual reminder of those who died during the D-Day beach landings at Arromanches on June 6th, 1944 during WWII. The original team consisted of 60 volunteers, but as word spread nearly 500 additional local residents arrived to help with the temporary installation that lasted only a few hours before being washed away by the tide. 
9,000 Fallen Soldiers Etched into the Sand on Normandy Beach to Commemorate Peace Day. 
Image may contain: outdoor and water

This is the card I made with Sweet and Sassy Stamps to hopefully make it to their website. They sent me an email asking if I'd like to make a card with stamps I'd purchased from them.  I get 10% off an order if my card is used.  10% will cover shipping at least. Maybe I can pair it with a sale?

This next card is for today's color challenge using pear pizzazz, blushing bride and wisteria wonder inks.
I cut out each chair in a different color and laid down colors for the beach, water and sky. I masked the sun then added a bit of daffodil and blushing bride inks.


There is so much encouragement to be found. I'm sharing something I found lately. I hope it encourages you.
No automatic alt text available.

I depend on Tim every day. That's what we're called to do as a Christian spouse.
No automatic alt text available.

Verse of the Day: I said before that I'm not surprised by what verses God brings to me as we continue to go through family difficulties with siblings. Thank you Lord for being so faithful.
Image result for Romans 16:17-18

Through Your Eyes is an encouraging song by Britt Nicole. Look at the words as she sings. See if it describes you and what you believe about yourself. You too can see yourself through God's eyes.


Blessing of the Day: Ben called us to invite us to a cook out.  Tim is working on the pool. I got a lot of cards done today.  It was a PJ's Day!

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...