Sunday, June 18, 2017

Father's Day 2017

I so miss you, William Anthony Porto. (DAD) Things are so sad without you. Father's Day is a bittersweet day for me. I miss my dad so much, yet I am so proud of the father Tim Craig is to our kids.

 I know some day I will be with you in heaven, Dad. It's hard to be without you here.  You were taken from us when you were only 57.  That was too young to leave this earth. You never saw your grandchildren, our husbands, our houses, or how we turned out, thanks to you and Mom.

With the difficulties I am feeling lately with siblings, I have to remind myself that it's God's job to judge others, not mine.  I need to find peace in my life and let God take on Satan's battles against me. I rest in God and know that He will protect me.
 This is the card I made for today's Featured Stamper Challenge.  The darling pig card is from Kelly's gallery. I changed it a bit and made it my own. The pig set is brand new from Stampin' Up.

This is for the Clean and Simple Challenge Today.  We needed to show sparkle and balloons.  You can't see the sparkle, but I used Wink of Stella on the balloons.  Isn't this elephant just so sweet?


 Here's the same elephant from the set, Bella With Balloons by Wild Rose Studio. This was the technique lovers challenge.  We were to use a word on our card that we wouldn't ordinarily see on a birthday card.
My card says, GIGGLE...(inside) blow out candles, eat cake, and enjoy your birthday.

Verse of the Day:
Image result for Matthew 24:42-44

Yesterday I was discussing Grace. This song addresses it as well. This is a new artist for me. Give this a listen won't you.


Prayers please for Tim and I. Tim continues to go on interviews but no job yet. Pray for Tim that he doesn't give up hope. Help us to cling to God for all we need.

Please pray that my siblings will some day find healing and peace. What they have done has ripped our family apart. Only through God will we find healing.

Blessing of the Day: We had the kids over for Father's Day Dinner. At exactly 5 p.m. we had a huge storm roll in.  So, we taught the kids what a broiler is and where it is located! LOL

We enjoyed our dinner together and time on the back porch once the storm rolled out.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...