Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Kindness, Cavs, Cards, Snorkel Fish

Have you ever spoken kind words to a stranger? You know, someone you see, maybe at work, but don't really know?  Maybe it's someone who serves you coffee each morning? Maybe it's someone who drives you to work?  Maybe it's a bus driver?  Think of how you feel when kinds words are spoken to you. You feel happy, good about yourself, changed for a short while.  Those feelings can be given away each day for free to others. They don't cost a thing, and can do so much for someone else.  The little things you do, those acts of kindness can make  a difference to others. Your words or actions can cause a ripple effect and you'll never know it.  The person you spoke to won't forget you or the way you made them feel. What a wonderful gift we can give away each day, all day. It's a way to show God's love and improve the world around you.

Well, our Cavs gave it their all this year but just couldn't pull off a championship this year.  Thanks for a great year guys! Enjoy your well-earned rest and time with your families.

Loved this wreath when I saw it. Looks like it would be fun to make. Life is better at the beach because you aren't living your 'life' day to day in the world of work, home and routine. We all need a break from that at times.  I can't go to the beach right now, but I go to my screened in porch with the birds and quiet where I can watch what God has blessed me with and thank Him for what he's given to me.

I've been busy the last couple of days making a one-sheet-wonder.  This is the one I used. I used the large piece at the top by cutting it to use on cards. Not sure why the gal who designed this didn't.  I used designer paper but you could stamp on a 12x12 sheet of paper to get the same type of paper.

Laura had samples of her cards on her website. I took some of her ideas, but also did my own. I do these step by step. I place the papers where I want them, then I add paper behind the image panel. Then I decide what greeting I want and what punch or shape I want for the sentiment. Then I add the little accessories.  I got 13 cards from this design. It's fun with double-sided paper because you can use either side for your cards.
I used some of my small doilies from Stampin' Up. I put them on plain colored card stock and cut them out by hand. Then I added the sentiment.

Isn't this just the cutest Fish you've seen? He's a new stamp that I saw last week and just had to have him!  This is for today's sketch challenge. I love the way the oxide inks work and the fun layering properties they have. The main panel with the image has dry embossing with bubbles for the cute snorkel fish.

Verse of the Day: 1John 1:5-7 Dark can't live where there is light! Be the light for God you were meant to be. Let there be no doubt that you are shining a light for Jesus. Let others see the difference in you. Let others wonder and want to know what's different about you?
Image result for 1 John 1:5-7

God put this song on my heart today. I'm not sure why, but I'm posting it for whoever needs it. We all need to know that we are loved.  Even if we don't have a spouse, we all need to hear we are loved.


Blessing of the Day: I got a nap today.  I worked on cards to send to South Carolina Juvenile Justice Center.
Tim with Tim.

Thank you for stopping by today. May you be blessed by the words here. May you feel God's love.
Blessings,

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...