Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Cards, Search Me, Giant

Isn't this the cutest fish?  I loved it when I first saw someone use it and had to make it mine.  This is for Monday's technique challenge where you had to use bubble wrap on your card.  We didn't have bubble wrap from any recent package so I had to tear up a bubble wrap envelope and use the bubble wrap from there! LOL  I said to myself, Who in the world would believe that I don't have bubble wrap lying around this house somewhere!
  Anyway, I stamped the bubbles on water color paper using china and jeans oxide inks by Tim Holtz. I sprayed the paper a little to make the ink run a bit.  I then used the seaside embossing folder to give the water a bit of texture. I colored the fish with Copic Markers.  I stamped the sentiment and used circle punches to mimic the bubbles. I added glitter gems near the fish. The stamp I used is Snorkel Fun Fishy-from Your Next Stamp.  The inside sentiment says, Fin-tastic!
This card was for yesterday's Clean and Simple challenge which was to make a card for a friend.
I cut my base card at 4 1/4" x 11". Then I scored it at 5 1/2". I cut the base 1 1/2" from the fold of the card. I then cut 1 3/4" off of the bottom. I put adhesive on the top portion of the card and attached the acetate to it. I covered the acetate with designer paper at the top and bottom. I attached the bottom piece I cut off, to the back of the acetate. I cut out the sentiment and added it with my fine tip glue pen. Lastly I added the lace.
This daisy card was made for today's Color Challenge. The colors were daffodil delight, pacific point and Wild Wasabi.
I made my plaid background with our three colors of the week. Next I added the daffodil ribbon. On top of the daffodil ribbon, I put the lace. I added a dimensional to the back of each daisy.

This card was for Sunday's Featured Stamper Challenge.  
Here is my inspiration.
I flipped the card to horizontal. I used different colors for the flowers and background. I used a different stencil. I added lace to the top and bottom of my card.
I colored my image with V01, V15, V17, YG11, YG13, YG17. Then I colored the flower petals and center with wink of stella. I cut a mask for the flower and covered the flower. I taped the lace stencil over the image panel and sponged curry then pumpkin inks over it. I added the lace on the top and bottom. I backed it with eggplant card stock.

I love to be reminded of simple things in life. Acts of kindness can be far-reaching. It doesn't cost anything to be kind to people. We don't know the ripple effect it might have.  We do know that God changed lives every day.  We know that we can do the same thing. We might not know what happens after we leave that person, but God does. He's the one we are trying to be more like.  

Verse of the Day: On the surface this looks like a nice psalm. However, to ask God to search my heart and test me isn't an easy thing to ask. Why? It means to me that God will challenge me with things that will cleanse me of bad habits and make me more like Him.  Point out anything that offends, is a confrontation with things I'm doing that I need to stop doing. How easy is that?  God will help me along the way however, I need to be prepared to do what I need to do when I pray this psalm.  Lead me along the path of everlasting life brings a smile to my face. To think of following Jesus to eternity is an amazing thought.  Too much for my brain to comprehend but long for.     
Image result for psalms 139:23-24

This song, Every Giant Will Fall by Rend Collective comes at a time in my life where sibling turmoil abounds. The only way I can deal with this family issue is to know and be assured that this is NOT my battle. It is God's battle. I know God is the one who brings justice. Maybe it won't be in this life time but there will be justice.  The giants in my life will fall because God goes before me and is always with me. It is in His timing not mine.  

There are so many things in our life time that we can't control. I am comforted by the fact that I am in the family of God and with His help I'll make it through.

Blessing of the Day: I stamped with my dear friend, Emily last night.  We had fun making lots of different cards. I found our she loves daisies. So the daisy cards we made were her favorites. She told me 37 years ago on the morning of her wedding, she and her mother went to a field near her house and picked the daisies for the reception tables!

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....