Saturday, July 29, 2017

Week of Challenges on Splitcoaststampers

This card was for a challenge where you were to use strips of designer paper for your background. My strips were from the same set of designer paper. They were cut in different widths. Then I colored the rose and added it to the background.

For this card, we had to use one of the background challenges found on Splitcoaststampers. I chose one where you add ink to cardstock, then spritz with water and lay a stencil on top of the ink. You let it dry then make a card. The stencil I used was Tim Holtz-Lace. The inks were Distress Oxide inks. That's why it looks like there is a haze on the paper.

This challenge was to make a card with eyes. This hamster is named Henry. His is sold by North Coast Stamps which is part of Our Daily Bread Designs.  I colored Henry with Copics then cut out a circle in the card designer paper and another from designer paper to go around the opening I made in the designer paper. I popped the paper up with dimensionals. I added balloons using dimensionals as well.

This challenge was to use emboss resist on your card. I stamped in versamark then heat embossed with which embossing powder. Then I colored the flowers and background with Copic Markers.

This card's challenge was to wet watercolor card stock with water then use reinkers and another brush to add the ink and let it run down the card.
 The oval stone was my inspiration for my card. I stamped and colored the kitten with Copics. Then I wrapped baker's twine around the main card panel to match the kitten. Then I dry embossed paw prints for the base of the card.

Oil painting on a stone by Yana Khachikian

Verse of the Day: I have to say that I am not surprised by the verses God picks out. This really pertains to my siblings and what's going on. The sadness it has brought is more than I thought I'd feel going through Mom being in the nursing home.  God knows the struggles and continues to meet my needs with Bible verses. He continues to remind me that this is His battle. He is the judge and jury, not me.
Related image


This is an incredible song by Citizen Way. It really describes what happens when we are down about life. Watch the video and concentrate on the words. God's with us each step of our life.


Blessing of the Day: I got time to make cards for the challenges on Splitcoaststampers.
I got to see Rachel for a bit today.
Tim and I enjoyed the peace and quiet outside on the back porch.

Please pray for my brother John. He needs surgery in August.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...