Saturday, August 26, 2017

A Full Life

Our Bloodhound, Our hunting cat, Chloe.
Chloe is our bug hunter inside and out. When she's on the back porch we will find her chasing bugs and cornering them to be enjoyed as only a kitten can.
We had a yellow jacket inside in my craft room. She saw it and alerted me to it.  By the time I got there it was behind my set of drawers.  Tim moved the drawers and neither of us could see the bugger with our flashlight. We held Chloe back so she wouldn't get stung.  When we couldn't see it, we let her go, like a hunting dog, knowing she'd find it if it was still there.  Instantly she pounced on it. Tim killed it and all was right with the world, thanks to our hunting kitty! LOL
A year ago I posted this showing Ben and Rachel packed up and ready to move out to their first place. It seems longer than a year.  It's been a year of changes for Tim and I. Living the life of empty-nesters has been really interesting and fun.
This was a fun class from Pat Catan's that would be great for those with kids or grandkids. No painting ability needed. Mix and pour paint over a canvas. It was so much fun I made two with Sarah teaching the class today! Thanks Sarah Craig. They are drying and I will post mine when I get them back. It is a very inexpensive project. Ink is .50 per bottle and canvas is $2. So for $3.50 you can have a work of art from a very special one in your life.
Poured Painting Class

This is my card for today's inspiration challenge from Splitcoaststampers. My inspiration was a red sunflower wreath.  Not sure what I want as a sentiment for this. I probably will wait until I need it.

Things continue to be the same with some siblings. God continues to remind me that I need to take care of myself in spite of them.
Image may contain: text and nature

This is a picture of my brother who had open heart surgery at his grandson's baptism. Here he is 9 days after surgery. This is what he wanted to be able to do. He told his doctor if he wouldn't be able to be here, he'd wait to have his surgery until after the baptism.  Isn't this a sweet picture of my brother John, his wife Lenora and their sweet grandbaby, Colton.  Life is so sweet!

Verse of the Day: Serve Him with all your heart and soul.  You know, it's in the little things you do day by day for others. Without a care of being seen by others or making huge changes in lives.  Your actions for others, even a smile, could help someone get through the day.  We're called to make our light shine and show God to those around us. How are you doing with that?  I'm going to have to think about that in my life. Sometimes I get involved in Me, me, me.
Image result for Joshua 22:5

We desperately need to change this world we live in.
This song goes along with the verse for today. It's the little things we do when nobody's around.....


Blessings of the Day: Sarah taught a class of 10 people how to do the pouring paint. She taught 2 classes today and will do 2 more tomorrow.

Tim got to spend time with his Dad for lunch.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...