Thursday, August 24, 2017

Big Day For chloe

Today was a big day for our little Chloe. Today she became a 1 year old. No longer a kitten. I know Phoebe is hoping Chloe will slow down soon and stop chasing her. However, I don't think that's going to happen any time soon! LOL


This is the card I made for the split-coast challenge for Friday. You were to make a card for a holiday of your choice. National _________ Day.  I chose National Sunflower Day! I love, love, love sunflowers. 
 I stamped with curry but didn't like it so I stamped daffodil on top of it. I then stamped cajun then pumpkin. The center is choc chip. I stamped then turned the stamp so it would blend the ink a bit. Then I masked the flowers to add the greenery with olive ink.
The designer paper was added to my vanilla base then the image was turned a bit so the two flowers balanced nicely at the top and bottom.


I stamped in memento rich cocoa then versamark. I heat embossed with clear ink then watercolored with the aqua painter and inks listed. I added wink of stella clear to the flower and leaves and yellow to the flower center.
I edged the image with cajun then layered painted autumn designer paper. The base of the card is cajun.

This was for the Wednesday sketch challenge.  I turned the sketch horizontally to make my card. I used dimensionals to pop up the mug and top. I added nailheads to make my diagonal lines. I used the small oval to make my handle. Now I can make mugs along with cups!

This card is going to 16 year old Dante who loves Blues Clues and loves getting mail! Dante has autism. I don't have any stamps like this so I downloaded a birthday image for him and personalized it. Happy Birthday Dante. I hope you get lots of cards through the Tea Party this week.

This is called, the Ohio Star Quilt. I punched the squares with the punch. Then I cut some pieces into fourths. I drew horizontal, vertical and oblique lines so it would be easier to line up the squares and triangles.

Using the Coffee Cafe Stamp and die sets to make this card. I added my own handle to it using the oval die in the set. Now I can make mugs of coffee not just cups!
Just another way to make stamps/dies give me more for my money!


As I was trying to work today, I had help from Phoebe.  She just sits right down on my card stock and enjoys the light and attention she gets from me. She's a great supervisor! LOL 

    

Verse of the Day:Show your love by your actions. People remember your actions more than your words.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...