Thursday, August 3, 2017

Gone, Favorite, Cards

Today 34 years ago my dad died of cancer. It started in his lung and traveled into the rest of his body. It's been a hard day for me, hence this is late. This picture was taken early in    so we'd have a beautiful photo of mom and dad.  We also had family pictures taken at a photographer so we'd have all of our family in the pictures, including Gramps. He was the patriarch of the family. We had pictures of dad with friends and neighbors taken as well.
Dad went ahead with the chemo and suffered greatly. He said there was nothing worse than wanting to do something and not being able to do it because you were too weak or you felt horrible.
He said if he were to do it all over again, he'd enjoy the time he had left doing what he wanted until he couldn't do it any more. He'd have had a better quality of life.
Life changed dramatically when he died. It's never been the same. It changed Mom so much, she was not herself again. We lots both parents that day. 
I guess you can't expect that kind of loss not to affect the spouse who is left.
I miss you so much Dad. I wanted to share so much with you. I wanted to see what kind of grandfather and father-in-law you would have been with Tim. So much lost when God called you home.
This is my favorite bird who visits multiple times in a day in our garden.  The hummingbirds love the butterfly bushes, sage, lavender and sugar water in the holder. I still get excited when I see one in the garden.

This is made for a challenge where you had to bring joy. I have to smile each time I see him. Isn't he just the cutest little boy? My friend Jan had this stamp and after I saw it, I had to buy it too. He's brought joy wherever he goes.

This card is a digital image from Mo Manning. The challenge here was to make a watercolor plaid background.

The challenge here was to make an interactive card. This is a waterfall card. You pull the tab at the bottom and the images flip up.

This challenge was to use shapes on your card.  I made a quilt sqaure.

The challenge for this card was steam punk and metal.

This challenge was to use shaving cream to make a background. I also added paint to this for another challenge.

This challenge was to make a get well card.  Isn't this little guy cute?

Verse of the Day:
Image result for Revelation 3:19


This is a new song to me. Hope you like it.

Blessing of the Day: I got through it. I saw Ben and Harper today. Harper is getting so big.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...