Thursday, August 31, 2017

Simple Woman's Daybook for Thursday, August 31, 2017


For Today: Thursday, August 31, 2017


It all started here.


Looking out my window it's a cold, windy day.

I am thinking that I'm not ready for summer to end.

I am thankful that Tim has been able to do the repairs and fixes we've needed around here.

One of my favorite things is to snuggle with Chloe at night.

I am creating some new quilt cards.

I am wearing jeans, socks and a t-shirt.

I am reading nothing right now, but have to start reading again.

I am hoping the bee man killed the yellow jackets and closed up where they were coming in.

I am learning to slow down and do things for myself.

In my kitchen I prepared chili this week. With the cooler temps it seemed natural to do. It takes the chill off. 


In my garden we've been bringing in plum and cherry tomatoes. It is so wonderful to eat home grown tomatoes.

This is my card for today's challenge. You were to use threes. I had 3 animals, three words in the sentiment, then three thank yous on each line on the sign.




A moment from my day
 We had a bee killer out to kill yellow jackets in our attic. When he was talking to Tim in the driveway, he noticed this hive hanging in our neighbor's tree. He said it was a bald head hornet's nest. It didn't take long to build that thing. I've not seen it in the tree and I go by it to get the mail each day.  I'm not sure how long it took to build, but it was loaded with hornets coming and going.  Not sure if our neighbor's going to have the bee killer back to deal with this or not.
I asked the bee killer what he'd do with the hive. He said he'd come in the evening and spray it. Most would be inside and would die.

Here's another moment in my day. Chloe jumped up on the dryer and slept on my clothes.


Image result for Romans 13:1-2 



Blessing of the Day: We got to see Sarah tonight. Her back is feeling a bit better.
I got a lot of cards written in and will send them tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Pink Panoply said...

I love this beautiful song. I just started following your lovely, inspirational blog.

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...