Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Cards, Memories, and Stuff


Here is a card I made with Coffee Cafe Stamp set from Stampin' Up. It is in the annual catalog. Check out how nicely the burlap background goes with this set. It really sets off the coffee cup.

This is a card that was a challenge on SCS. You had to choose  a card from a person's gallery and make it yours. You change things.  I took this challenge on with this card because this is NOT my style of backgrounds.  You had to take designer series paper and cut it then use the different papers together.  By doing this with two different papers you had enough paper for two card.  It took me a long time to get to this stage.  You know when you are choosing paper you look at what will go well together. I found that using the brown pattern like this messed my eyes up. It was hard to focus on anything else but the brown paper.  Just another way to grow as a stamper I guess. :)

This is a photo of  my mom's mom. We called her, Grandma Mary. We called both grandmothers by their first names. Grandma Mary and Grandma Frances. We only had one grandfather so we called him Grandpa. In later years I called him Gramps, which I loved. It was a term of endearment. He was my dad's dad and pretty funny to relate to when I was an adult. My relationship with him was so rewarding in so many ways. Such beautiful memories that I treasure.

It's the same with Grandma Mary. She was a widow and lived and worked in Pennsylvania near her kids. My mom was the only one that wasn't nearby. Usually Grandma Mary would come to visit for a month or so at a time. We all loved it.  Even my dad loved having her here in Cleveland.  She loved him in ways his own mother couldn't. She filled some voids for him.  I can't imagine having my mother-in-law living with us for a month at a time, can you?

Grandma Mary always had a crocheting project she was working on. You always heard the soft sound of the charms on her grandchildren charm bracelet jingle as she worked on her project. Every time she visited, we had to look at her charm bracelet to find our charm with our birthdate on it.  When she died, each grandchild got their charm as a precious reminder of the woman we called, Grandma.

This was my sweet snuggle-buddy this morning. Neither of us wanted to get up. We enabled each other. LOL

This is my lantana plant that Sarah got me two years ago. It loves the outdoors.


This spoke to me as Harvey roars through the south. People coming from all over to help. Check out this link to see what people are doing.
Image result for 1 Peter 3:8




Blessing of the Day: Sarah went to the med center at 8 a.m. and was out by 9 with pain meds and a muscle relaxant to help her pulled muscle in her back. She was planting iris, lavender and Salvia plants that we were removing to thin things out in the garden.

I got to nap on the back porch today. It was totally unplanned, it just happened.

Continuing to pray for those who are victims of Harvey.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...