Monday, October 2, 2017

Such A Loss, Such A Waste

Yet another act of violence has attacked Las Vegas. It's the worse mass shooting in history. What's that tell you about the world we're living in? It's getting worse as predicted in the Bible. We've seen hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, earth quakes, volcanoes spewing hot lava, and the violence of man against man. 
I'm praying for the people of Las Vegas and all who are affected by the violence that took place last night. What drives someone to do such a thing? Is it pure evil? It certainly is the devil busy at work trying to make us a miserable as he can.
I live in the joy of knowing God has already won the war with Satan. Satan loses and when this world ends he will be thrown into the lake of fire.  Satan wants to take as many as he can is all.  There is so much hatred in him.

We can't stay in our homes and fear for our life each time we step outside. Our days are numbered. Nothing surprises God at all. He is not free to stop this type of thing because we have chosen to reject Him. Many have gone as far as to say, God I don't want you in my life. Get out of our schools, government and the private lives of citizens.  Sin is alive and well in our world. That is the evil that is around every corner. It is the evil that was set free when Adam and Eve decided to sin against God.  
They believed Satan's lies and those lives have grown and taken over so much of our world.

God invites us to accept Him as our Lord and Savior, and He's a gentleman. If you continue to say, "No", he stops asking. We never know when something will end our life. I'm so glad that when I die I know I"ll be in Heaven. I'll never be separated from God.

So, I'm praying for Las Vegas and the world.
 We have two days left where the temps will be warm enough to swim. Then the pool will be closed for the season. Then I'll be ready for the warm blankets and hot coffee out on the porch. I'll be out there until the cold chases me in until Spring.
 The small card was my inspiration for my sunflower card. I love this set and as you'll see, I had lots of ideas to use it.
 I'm making cards for South Carolina Juvenile Justice System. They need cards of encouragement.
 This is a card I CASED from Gaynor Boyce, stampwithjoy.co.uk  She is a Stampin' Up Demonstrator in the UK. I've done faux tile before, but it's been a while.  I loved the color combination she used which was, turquoise and pacific point.  I used artichoke for the leaves.
I saw a card where someone used two different colors of flowers on their card. That's what I did here then added the burlap ribbon. I still have to add a sentiment.
 This card is for today's Inspiration Challenge. It is called acrylic distress. The directions can be found hereThis card will go to South Carolina Juvenile Justice System to encourage someone.
This is for today's Clean and Simple challenge which was to use pumpkin. I made latte and a muffin.
The muffin was roughed up with sand paper then inked with pumpkin in using a sponge. I wanted to give it texture to make it more realistic.

Today's Verse:This is the most well-known verse in the Bible. It is a great reminder with the pain and suffering we're going through here on earth, that God has suffered for us and wants to spend eternity with us.
Image result for John 3:16

This is a new song for me by Colton Dixon called, The Other Side.


Listen to how this song came to be.


Blessing of the Day: Tim is still in the running for a job he interviewed for last Monday. He has a phone interview and an in person interview tomorrow. Please pray that God's Will, is done.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

1 comment:

RitaR said...

Sue, thank you for sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ so clearly in your post .... there is such a hunger for truth, especially now with all that's going on in our country. Also, just wanted you to know that I'm praying that the Lord will lead Tim to the perfect work situation!

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...