Thursday, November 2, 2017

Card Challenges, Same Kind of Different, There Will Be A Day

Our challenge was to make an unusual Christmas Tree. I made this tree from the Stampin' Up metallic snowflakes. I cut them apart and layered them to the top and added a gold star. Then I added rhinestones to the tree as ornaments. The trunk is gold glitter paper.  The designer paper is Christmas paper from Stampin' Up called, Quilted Christmas.

For the color challenge, Barbara had us use hello honey, tempting turquoise, pear pizzazz and rose red. Dessert was to watercolor.
I used my aqua painter with ink from the lid of pear pizzazz and rose red to color the image. I used tempting turquoise to stamp the sentiment. I outlined the image with hello honey marker. I embossed the background with the rose embossing folder then added liquid pearls around the image. The image was added with dimensionals. The rose red paper was added to the hello honey base.  This is the last week of being a guest designer for the color challenge. I had a fun time doing it.


This card was for the Technique Lover's Challenge using the technique called, Splash Watercolor Technique, found here.
This was stamped in memento tuxedo black in and colored with copic markers. I took white paper and did the splash watercolor technique found here.


I added black cardstock behind the image and as the card base.
This card is for the Free For All Challenge. You were to use lots of details on your card or lots of layers. This is one of the types of sets I usually stay away from. I don't like lots of little images that have to be placed onto a card. A friend has shown me it's not so hard to do. I colored all of the images then fussy cut them. She didn't have the dies for this if there are any. Anyway Robin asked us to put lots of layers or detail on our card. I think 9 images and one sentiment is a lot. LOL

One of my favorites is by Karen Barber. She has a style all her own. When I see a card, I know before looking at the name who made it. Here's my inspiration for my card today. Thank you Karen for sharing your talents with us.

I stamped and colored my flower looking at Karen's as I went. I cut it down, sponged in wisteria then edged in black. I added the image to a turquoise background which had been embossed with poppy embossing folder. I stamped and used a MFT stitched edge die. I sponged the edges and added a fussy cut section of flowers. using a glue dot and a dimensional.

This week Tim and I went to see the Christian movie called, Same Kind if Different As Me.  I have to tell you it was a very good movie. I also have to tell you that I cried. That's all I'm going to tell you. We went to the theater at the mall and they have seats with foot rests and comfortable arms and back. It's sitting in a lounge chair to watch the movie. I have to tell you I had to work to stay awake in that chair it was so comfortable! LOL


I stamped with a friend and her friend this week. We each made a card for the others to make. It was a fun afternoon of stamping. I got some images cut out while the ladies did my two cards.
I've been busy tonight putting cards together. Yesterday I went through all of my 6"x6" designer series paper and matched paper to images. Tomorrow I will work on sentiments for the cards.

Verse of the Day: Daniel 6:26
Image result for daniel 6:26

This is an older song by Jeremy Camp. It is a song with a great message. Give it a listen.


Blessing of  the day: Tim's official first day in his new job is Monday, November 6th. Praising God for his goodness, glory and mercy. He has done so much for us.
We got to see Sarah today and got to talk with her a bit. She wants to find a full time job so we're trying to help her along. Sometimes things overwhelm her and it stops her in her tracks. Anxiety is a difficult foe to overcome.

Sending prayers to those affected by the New York tragedy this week. Oh God, please protect us.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...