Sunday, February 25, 2018

Darkest Hour, Sadness, Masterpiece


Tim and I went on a date Thursday evening. First we went to see the movie, Darkest Hour. It is about the weeks before D-Day.
I have to say I had a headache after leaving the theater. It was an intense movie to say the least. It left both Tim and I wondering what was true and what was Hollywood in the movie. We wanted to read more about Churchill.
Check out this link to see how Gary Oldman was transformed into Winston Churchill.
darkest-hour-gary-oldman



After the movie we went to Panera which was just down the parking lot. It was a nice, quiet dinner. We both talked about the movie. I took 2 Excedrin to help my headache go away! LOL
It's nice to get out and do date night, just to stay close.

It's too easy to live side by side and take each other for granted. I pray that we can continue to be the couple God needs us to be.

Munchkin cats love to burrow under things like blankets and sheets. Chloe moves the blanket on the couch so she can climb under for a nap. Later she came part-way out and continued to sleep. She is so sweet isn't she?
 Chloe loves to jump from the floor to the top of a chair like this. I don't know why, but she does. Today she was sitting up here like she was ready to pounce on someone.
That someone would be Phoebe. Today Chloe was the little sister who wouldn't leave Phoebe alone.
Phoebe finally hid in the hall linen closet for relief. Poor thing.
 This morning I got a call from my sister, that my cousin in Pennsylvania had died. He was younger than me. He had a heart attack.  I made this card to send to my Aunt and Uncle.  This is so sad as this family has had so much sadness lately.

My aunt died, another aunt's grandson died, now my cousin.  We are so sad at this loss. Prayers asked for the whole family. I know death is part of living, but kids aren't supposed to die before their parents.
 This is the card I made for yesterdays inspiration challenge. The blue leaves images were my inspiration. I replaced the leaves with cute pandas from the Panda Party stamp set.
Blue Botanical Framed Art Prints, Set of 4

Verse of the Day: Romans 15:13
Image result for Romans 15:13

This is a new song for me. I heard it the other day. When I listened to the words I saw that it's about how God sees us. We are his masterpiece. He might now be finished yet with us but He loves us in spite of who we are. He is an amazing God.
I hope you enjoy this song.  I hope it brings comfort to you.


Blessing of the Day: Tim made dinner for me.
I got a nap.
I made a half-dozen crocheted blocks for an afghan to be donated.
Thank you God for loving me.
Thank you Billy Graham for preaching the word of God. I was brought to the Lord because of you.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....