Thursday, March 1, 2018

Blizzard, Momma, Cats, Christ, Compassion

Can  you say, BLIZZARD? We are seeing March come in like a lion for sure. We have very windy conditions which have caused downed trees and power outages around the city. We're fine where we are, our power lines are underground.
Seems Ben and Brianna are without power but it seems crews are out fixing power lines quickly that are down. It's great to have an online source to be able to see where power outages are.
We will have snow through noon tomorrow.  It's been snowing since about 7:30 p.m. this evening.
Police are advising if you don't have to go out, don't.

We will probably have lots of school closings due to this weather. I remember the excitement of wishing, then getting a snow day! No feeling like it!

 I saw this on FB the other day and had to share. The kids call me Momma, not Mom. It's kind of nice. I love being the parent of grown kids. The relationship is very different than when they are living in your house.
I spoke to my sister-in-law and she's going head-to-head with her 11 year old daughter. She said her daughter is exactly like her. That's why they struggle.
Do you remember hearing someone say, "I hope you have kids 10's worse than you!"
 This is a picture Rachel posted on FB. Chewie is on the window seat. Harper photo bombed this at the last second! LOL
 Here is my desk tonight. I've been watching some tv on my computer and stamping and coloring. I'll show cards tomorrow.
 Today I got my Stampin' Up supplies and my new Stamparatus. I asked Tim to bring the box in. He put it on my desk, then proceeded to put his mug of coffee on it. He sat down and wanted to chat while he drank his coffee.
Do you know what it's like to have Christmas in a box on your desk, and because you're so polite, you wait to open the box? Yup, 45 minutes later I opened my box.

Tonight I used the Stamparatus. It's going to take some time to get used to it. With the hinges it has, it sits differently when you ink your stamps.
I tried putting several stamps on the doors and it worked ok. I did find that the closer to the hinges you stamp, the harder you have to press on the stamps for an impression.  Like I said, it will take time to adjust after using the MISTI for so long.

After things were unpacked from my box, I put it on the floor. No sooner had I done that, then a cat appeared in it.  We don't need cat toys, boxes and ordinary house stuff amuses our cats just fine.
 Phoebe loves to sit by the window and watch things.  Chloe runs up the back of chairs for some reason. When she got to the top today, she found the window seat was taken. So, she sat up top and watched from her perch. LOL
You never know what these cats are going to do.
I bet you can't guess who's sleeping here....I see you Chloe. She loves burrowing under blankets to sleep.

Verse of the Day:Think of all of these words; compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. These are some of the fruits of the spirit. How many did you show today towards someone?
Image result for blizzard gifImage result for Colossians 3:12

Tomorrow is Reverend Billy Graham's funeral ceremony. A final goodbye here on earth. Rev. Graham couldn't wait to go to heaven. What a day that must have been when he joined the Heavenly Father in Heaven. Can you imagine how many hearts he brought to Jesus through his preaching? I am one of those hearts who found Jesus because of that man. Thank you God for sending your servant Dr. Graham to preach the gospel and win hearts for you. Well done good and faithful servant.

Here's a song by Jeremy Camp called, Can't be Moved.  Give it a listen.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are staying warm and safe if you are in the Northern states.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....