Saturday, February 10, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook February 10, 2018



The Simple Woman's Daybook began here.



For Today: February 10, 2018

Looking out my window it is foggy and dark.

I am thinking I need to get things done and go to bed.

A card I made today for the Inspiration challenge on Splitcoaststampers.
The first is my inspiration piece. The card was made by coloring the stamp with Stampin' Write Markers then stamping on the paper. I used brilliant blue, garden green and pretty in pink markers. Then I added the word with dies and ink.

I am thankful Tim is doing all he can to fix up our house. He is working on window sills, baseboards, kitchen cabinets and anything that needs to be touched up. I am amazed at what he's done. I never thought to do those little things.


One of my favorite things it sitting in my sitting room filled with plants reading with a hot cup of coffee. Often one of the cats is with me. They are like dogs. They follow us around and sit in our lap or on furniture near us.

I am creating a red and navy crocheted afghan. 
I am also finishing up a granny square afghan that I worked on today at Pat Catan's for Warm Up America.   We had lots of small squares so I added a few more rounds on each square, then crocheted them together for form an afghan. I am working on the border now.

I am wearing a sunflower sweatshirt, jeans and tennis shoes.


I am reading Past Perfect, by Danielle Steel.

I am hoping to get more things sorted tomorrow that I can donate to South Carolina Juvenile Justice System. They need stamping supplies to make their own cards.

I am learning that I feel better by doing for others. Today I helped put borders on afghans that will be donated to organizations in our area through Warm Up America.
I'm also seeing that with my hands busy in the evening, I don't snack.

In my kitchen Tim helped me make my famous chicken pot pie. The recipe is my twin sister's that I've tweaked a bit. Now Tim knows how to make it. It's fun to cook together.
 In the world Sarah and Brianna are in New York City seeing the sights. I  can't wait to hear about their trip and see their pictures.

In my upstairs garden my plants are doing well. They sit in an east facing window. Lots of blooms on flowers really lifts my spirits on these gray, cloudy, foggy days.
A moment from my day is seeing the Munchkin Kitties we have doing cute things.
The first picture is 4 year old Phoebe ready to sleep in Chloe's pink house. We didn't think Chloe would fit in there, yet Phoebe who is bigger does! I guess we were wrong! LOL
Chloe  is a year and a half and she follows Phoebe around like a little sister would. Phoebe tried to get some peace and quiet on the back of the couch. No such luck, you know who, thought it was a great idea as well.



Closing Notes It is interesting going through things in our home preparing to down-size and move to a smaller home. The kids are out on their own and we don't need this size house. It's been something we've been preparing for. As kids moved out, we offered different pieces of furniture to fill their homes.

We're looking at home online and are excited at what we see.
We're praying for God to lead us to where He wants us.

Now that Tim and I are retired we're not sure what type of ministries God will have for us.
I will continue my card ministry to provide cards for South Carolina Juvenile Justice System, Cleveland Ronald McDonald House, Summit Pointe Adult Living, Birthday RAK and Cards for a Cause for Splitcoaststampers.

A new phase of life for us and we're excited about the changes it will bring.
Daily Blessing(Link to Susie Larson's page.)
I really liked this and just had to share. We tend to be so hard on ourselves so this was the sweet balm I needed to read.
May you pause today and give some thought to how far you’ve come on your journey. You are an overcomer. May you look up and remember that the Creator of the universe knows you by name. May you look within and marvel that Jesus has done a deep work in you and He’s not finished yet. And then, may you look to the horizon, full of faith, because you’ll never be without His lavish grace, His abundant mercy, or His unfathomable love. You’ll never walk alone. Forget what lies behind. Trust Jesus for the road up ahead. And celebrate your victories today. They’re real, they’re tangible, and they matter. God bless you this day.

After reading Susie Larson's post, I had to end with Mandisa singing Overcomer. I hope you enjoy it and see that when you partner with God, so much is possible.

Blessing of the Day: I spent time making afghans for others at Pat Catan's and at home.
Tim got things done around here.
Tim and I made a chicken pot pie for dinner. Love cooking with him.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...