Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Oh, My Aching Back

I can tell you that yesterday getting off the couch I suddenly had stabbing back pain. It's still bothering me. Feeling old when there's nothing I did to cause the pain. Praying it goes away without help from a doctor.
Image result for back pain meme

I have been doing lots of things which involve time away from stamping.
Had to deal with billing department for a doctor, make appointments and take a nap to get relief from my back pain.  Every time I  get up from a chair, it hurts until I've gone a few steps.

I've also been working on communication with customers. My business is growing bit by bit. I had 4 ladies make cards Monday morning and 4 more signed up for Friday evening.

Emailing customers about deliveries, orders and Stampin' Up sales and information takes time.

I also worked on emails and computer input for Birthday Random Acts of Kindness on SCS. I am enjoying being part of that group.

I was also invited to join a group of Christian Ladies stamping. We have a monthly challenge based on a verse someone has chosen. It's a great way to bring scripture to card making.

I saw this and just had to share. We never know when our connections help someone.  Years ago when I went through a very low point in my life, (2 major devastating events) I found that helping others really helped me.  Turning away from my problems, complaints and issues helped me be a better servant. I began to look forward to helping others with the needs I saw.

It doesn't take much sometimes. Maybe it's a prayer you say for a person walking down the street. Maybe it's a kind word to someone you see at the dentist's office. Maybe the cashier needs to hear more than just complaints. We each have a purpose given to us by God.  Encouragement is what I specialize in. What's your specialty?
 I saw this online and had to share. This is the rock formation of elephants from the Cleveland Zoo Pachyderm building. It was updated and this wall was moved to The Cleveland Historical Museum. So glad this icon was preserved. It brings back many wonderful memories of trips to the zoo.
 How many times do we let our emotions rule our life? I'm guilty of this. My emotions take me places I don't want to go. I'm glad God brought me a husband who is logical. He can make me see how things really are. He can help me get past the emotional outburst to a logical, thought-out plan. Praising God for giving me what I need.
 This continues to be a prayer for me. When family doesn't agree or get along, it's so sad. So much time is lost in anger and sadness. Turning your anger into prayer for those who hurt you, is powerful stuff! It empowers you and allows you to move forward so this anger and sadness don't have a chance to hurt you physically and emotionally.  This is obviously easier said than done.

Verse of the Day:
Related image

What a beautiful song about God's Grace by Elevation Worship. It's called Grace like a wave.


Blessing of the Day: Tim and I got lots done today. Tim's busy cleaning out things and organizing things to get ready to put our house on the market. Praising God for all of Tim's efforts.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...