Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter 2018

                                                   Happy Easter 2018! He is Risen! He is Risen, Indeed!
Today is the day we celebrate the risen Lord. Jesus died on Good Friday and rose again Easter Sunday. He was seen by over 500 people from the time he rose from the dead, until he ascended into heaven.  It's an incredible thing isn't it?

No matter how you look at this, it's a recorded fact in history whether you are a Christian or not. No other religion can claim this. Christianity is believing in the Risen Lord.  Hallelujah!

                                                      
I spent part of the day with Mom. She was pretty good today. She was a bit confused but we enjoyed out time together. She doesn't have short term memory but her long term memory is pretty good. She was a nurse so I can ask her questions about health things and she confidently answers them.
Today it was nice to talk and eat together. I usually visit at lunch and bring my own lunch. That way she'll visit without trying to give me her lunch.
After she eats, she takes a nap, so lunch time is a perfect time to visit.  It was so good to visit with her today.

Today has been a cloudy day. When I have days like this, I love to find pictures of bright and colorful flowers. Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers.
 This is another gorgeous show of Wisteria flowers. These two colors are so pretty.


 Here is the card that was my inspiration for my card today. This is for the featured stamper challenge on SCS. I liked the dog and colorful hearts.
My colors went to the background withe the Lawn Fawn plaid paper. I stamped and colored the images. I added the hearts with dimensionals. I used an embossing folder called paw prints, for the large heart.

I stamped with my dear friend, Jan yesterday. She had two very cute Gerda Steiner stamp sets. They were dogs and llamas. I stamped many there and spent last night putting them together with the Lawn Fawn background papers. Thanks Jan for a fun day of stamping.

 I had so much fun doing the fronts of the cards. I especially love the "Ruff Day" cards.
 This is a card for one of the VSN challenges on SCS. I had to use bees.
 Here's a selfie by Tim with his two 'girls'.

Verse of the Day:Proverbs 19:1 Better a poor man whose walk is blameless than a fool whose lips are perverse.
Image result for Proverbs 19:1

Here's a song from Mercy Me calleld, Bless Me Indeed. See what you think.


Blessing of the Day: I got to spend part of the day with Mom.
Tim got to spend part of  his day with his dad and family.
Praying for Ben. He's sick with fever  and chills.

Thank you for checking out my blog.
May you feel God's peace after visiting here.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...