Saturday, April 14, 2018

Plants, Cards, Nantucket, Sold Out

Yesterday it was 80+ degrees here in Ohio. Tim and I transplanted my aloe plant. I had three huge plants and 8 or so smaller plants. The two large plants will go to Tim's sister. I have a large plant in a pot and another pot with the smaller plants in it.

What was most surprising about this plant was, the roots were very short. I was expecting a ball of roots when we went to separate the plants. So I learned something yesterday.

Two of my three African Violets have flowers and the third one has blossoms that appeared today!
My grandmother had lots of African violets and little cacti.  I love growing the violets and Sarah and Rachel love the cacti. Thanks Grandma Frances.

 Today was a cold and rainy day outside. I needed something sunshiny to look at. Sunflower fields always cheer me up.


 This is one of the cards we made at my classes this week. I hold a Monday morning and a Friday evening class. We used Stampin' Up's alcohol markers to color the butterfly. It's interesting how much people want to color exactly like the sample. One lady said she wanted to color her own pattern. I encourage that.

 Gerda Steiner made this stamp set called, Lucky Duck. This was a challenge card where we had to make a get well card that didn't say get well. These ducks are just so stinkin' cute. Gerda Steiner had a 20% discount on all products and FREE shipping! How could I say, "No."

This is a double challenge card. It was for the get well challenge and also a mixed media challenge where we used a sketch. I used Copic Markers, Zig paint pens, and sponged ink.
 The blue card was the card I made after looking at the burgundy card. I used Wink of Stella on the blue butterfly and the vanilla cut out. I added rhinestones to the flower centers. I used generational stamping for the ferns. This is one of my favorite stamp sets and dies.
 Here's another Gerda Steiner card with a cute gopher. The set is called, Gopher it!  This is the card I made using the pink and green card as my inspiration.
This was the inspiration challenge image I chose for my gopher card.
 
 When I saw this photo of Nantucket, it brought back such wonderful memories. A friend and I went to Nantucket during summer break one year. I don't remember how many days we stayed, but it was just delightful staying in a bed and breakfast. It was so homey and the other guests were such fun to talk to. It was fun to hear where people came from.
I loved the cottages here, the beaches and of course the lighthouses.
 This card was for this week's sketch challenge. This is from the stamp set called, Lucky Duck.
 These cards were for Thursday's challenge where we made a crimped diamond card. After I made the crimped diamond, I folded the card up and traced around the diamond for my designer paper. I used my Hugs dies and added bling in the corners.

When I saw this on FB I wanted to share it. This is one of the goals I have for my life. I strive for it but don't stress it.  
A friend and I were talking about how we wanted to be remembered. I said I wanted to be all used up when I die.  Used up from doing for others and helping those that I can.

Here's a great song by Hawk Nelson which reflects serving God. Give it a listen.



Blessing of the Day: I am ready to gather cards to donate to South Caroling Juvenile Justice System. I'm also pulling kids birthday cards for another group that donates cards and birthday items to kids who wouldn't be able to celebrate their birthday due to family situations.

I started making another afghan. I finished another afghan a few days ago.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....