Saturday, April 7, 2018

Will It Ever Be Spring?

Another cold day here in Ohio. The sun was out which made it look pretty, but not warm.  My garden says it's Spring. We have mini daffodils in bloom.
 The purple hyacinths are one of my favorite Spring flowers. I love, love, love their scent. I'm going to bring a few inside to enjoy them. I didn't get any for Easter this year. Those in the garden are from previous years.
 When I saw this, I just had to share it. It reminded me that we don't have to have the real sunshine outside to make our day brighter.  We have that power inside of us. Isn't it amazing what we can do for others with nothing other than our self?

Today I stamped with a good friend. She prefers I come to her house. I do even though it's harder to stamp away from home and all of your supplies. It's something I do for my friend. I get a lot out of this as well. I've learned to bring small projects there to work on.  She does a lot for my spirit as well. It's a win-win situation.

What a wonderful thing to realize each day. God knew our world needed one of me and one of you! We each have a purpose given to us by God. I love the purposes God has given to me.  Do you know what your purpose is? Do you know what your gifts are?
Think of things that make you very happy. Think of things you can do for others. What can you think of that will help others?

I know that my gift is encouragement. I love to make cards by stamping them. God has brought several ministries forward that I can fulfill.
I make greeting cards for a senior living center. I make cards for kids in the juvenile justice system and the volunteers who help out there.
I make cards with friends. Many of these friends are single for one reason or another.  So my ministry is to stamp with these ladies and bring the light of God when I visit.
I'm finding that I'm getting so much for myself by doing this. When you do for others, you can' help but get back so much for yourself.
 This is the card I made for today's Inspiration Challenge. This is a new set for me called eclectic collection. It was a Sale-a-bration set. It has lots of different shapes. This is out of my comfort zone so I looked at some samples before I made my cards.
For this challenge we were to use a quote as the base for our card. I've found that this sentiment is so true. It helped me through some dark days years ago. I borrowed some Tim Holtz thinlits called Mixed Media to use. They are partial dies. This too is out of my comfort zone. I used the Waterfront stamp set for the background.

Verse of the Day:Isaiah 61:1-3
Image result for Isaiah 61:1-3

Here's a song by Danny Gokey called, I Still Believe.
I never saw a man walk on water, but I still believe.  It's all about Faith. You either have it or you don't.

Blessing of the Day: Time stamping with a good friend.
Spent time with Tim and Ben watching the Indian's game.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings to you and yours.

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....