Sunday, April 15, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook for April 15, 2018

This is where The Simple Woman's Daybook  all began.

For Today, April 15, 2018



Looking out my window it is cold, cloudy and rainy. Yesterday it was 80+ degrees and so beautiful. I had the windows open. I ate lunch and dinner on the screened-in porch. I'm so ready for this kind of weather again.

I am thinking I need to get rid of this headache.  I've taken my usual headache meds, but nothing yet.

I am thankful that in spite of how I am, God still loves me and never leaves me!

One of my favorite things is the smell of hyacinths. I also love pussy willows in the spring. We had some as a kid and I miss the soft feeling of the plant. I cut a hyacinth and some daffodils and put them in a vase in my craft room. It smells wonderful in here!

I am creating another 30 block afghan for Warm Up America. I crochet 7"x 9" blocks then put them together. I like to do these when I watch baseball or basketball games with DH.
Here is one of my afghans which will be donated to Warm Up America. It will be given to people in our  area who are in need.  Sarah helped me design this.



I am wearing a short-sleeve shirt, jeans and shoes.

I am reading a mystery recommended to me by a friend. It's a Mary Higgins Clark mystery.
Every Breath You Take

Right now I'm listening to Christian music by Matt Kearney.

I am hoping to get all of my cards sent Monday. I have a large batch going to South Carolina Juvenile Justice System.
I have another batch going to an organization that makes sure kids that don't have their birthday recognized at home for one reason or another, have it celebrated with cards and typical birthday stuff.

Well, our Cavs lost 98-80 here at home. It was so hard to watch the whole game. Tim left the tv room but I worked on crocheting blocks and watched the game.
Image result for cavs game
I am learning that patience can pay off.

In my kitchen the smell of barbecued chicken lingers. DH broiled chicken today.
Image result for barbecue chicken

In my garden lots is growing. I found strawberry plants in a hanging basket and in the enclosed box. They had to be put there so the deer wouldn't eat them.
There are hyacinths, mini daffodils, poppies, saliva and lilies of the valley peeking out of the dirt.


Lots of rain today. We had water flooding into the drain. The water comes down the hill and over to the drain. We've seen worse for sure. We are near the top of a hill, so we haven't had any water inside.
Tim and I sat on the screened in porch for coffee tonight. It felt so good to just be outside. It was a bit cool but with a light jacket it was fine.


A moment from my day-My purple hyacinths are in bloom so I cut one and a few mini daffodils and brought them into my work area. It's an amazing thing to smell that one hyacinth plant. That's one of my favorite scents.
 

Verse of the Day:Psalm 56:3-4
Image result for Psalm 56:3-4

This is a beautiful song sung by a beautiful little girl named, Claire.


Blessing of the Day: I have most of the cards stamped and ready to go. I need to get more paper and envelopes at Hollo's Paper Supply in Brunswick tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Mary Higgins Clark novels!! Been reading them for years.

Ahhhhhhhh ... Hollo's!!! Rose and I will make a trip there on the 27th with Patti. I am in search of base weight TRUE black paper. I bought some years ago at Hollo's and it's a grayish black. Hoping they have a true black!!! Are you going to the Akron convention??? If so I'll look for ya to give you a hug!!!

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...