Sunday, July 29, 2018

Challenges and Stamping With Friends



I cut the chairs and glasses out with the dies. I colored the cups and straws. I put Stampin' Up Wood Designer Series Paper behind the chairs. I used the wooden planks embossing folder for the background. I stamped my greeting on the sun.  The message inside says....only all the time.

This is for a Christmas in July and color challenge. We were to use granny apple green, smoky slate and berry burst. I took gold paper cut it with dies and dry embossed to give them texture. I added images then a bow and silver cord.
I stamped at Louise's house this past week. She planned the cards we'd make. We alternate months. This is a card we made using a flower stamp to make it look like fireworks. I don't send this type of card, so I'm going to make it a birthday card.

Isn't this just the cutest card? We cut vellum to look like a glass and colored it will yo-yo ink. Then we stamped ice cubes and let it dry. We cut diagonal paper to look like a straw. We stamped and cut out the lemons. There is a lemon inside that says, "You're so Sweet."

Here's another card we made. We stamped balloons for the background then traced a line to hang the pants on. Next we made pants with paper strips. We added belts and glimmer to the pants. Then we added the balloon. I thought this was so cute. I never thought to make pants with two pieces of paper. I love learning new things.

This type of card was on Dawn's website. I thought it was so cute! I think I'll make some of these for South Carolina.


This card made me giggle like a child. We used to catch lightning bugs in the backyard and put them in a clear jar. At the end of the evening, we'd let them all free. It was so cool to see all the blinking lights in the jar. We added yellow wink of stella to the bugs.




Verse of the Day: Philippians 1:29
Today the sermon was about how we look at things through trials. Typically, we get upset, angry, scared, etc. That's because we're seeing just the present and how it affects us.  If we look at trials we've gone through we see that God was with us each step of the way. God guided us and we came out stronger on the other side of that trial. Sometimes it enables us to use our experience to speak to others and help them with a trial. Sometimes we learn that we can know for sure that God will bring us through the trial and be faithful. We can look forward to the joy we'll feel when it's over and we've been changed.
Image result for Philippians 1:29 (NIV)


Blessing of the Day: I stamped with a dear friend and felt total JOY at making the cards she had.
Tim continues to make progress with sanding the walls and is ready to prime the walls.

Thanks for stopping by,
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...