Saturday, August 4, 2018

Cards, Cards, Cards, and Christopher Robin


This week SCS is running challenges for members of their Fan Club. I love doing challenges. It gives me a chance to stretch my skills. It helps me learn new things and be creative with the cards I make.
This duo of cards was made to show reverse masking and masking. The chick in each image was covered by a chick I cut out.
The first card then had a paper with an oval cut out put around it. Then I made the background. This type of masking is called reverse masking.
The second card the chick was covered and I made the background. This is masking. I used my hexagon embossing folder to make it look like chicken wire on the card base.

This was a unique and new challenge to me. You were to take the paper you stamp on and make a background. I had the blue circles and the brown dots on my paper. I sponged more brown and blue onto the card. Then I took the olive ink pad and drew lines to look like plants.

The challenge here was to make a beach scene. I wanted it to look like I was looking out at the ocean. I made my ocean scene then cut an oval out of it and dry embossed with the plank hardwood embossing folder. Then I dragged the smoky slate ink along the front of the card to make it look weathered.

This challenge we were to use pastels on our card. An alternative was to do The Black Magic technique. You stamp a solid image onto dark card stock. Then use watercolor pencils to color different shades of colors. Then use a white gel pen to make dots. I added dots using an embossing folder and the new white dotted tulle from Stampin' Up.

For this challenge we were to make a quick to make holiday card.  I placed all of the snowflakes on my Stamperatus and stamped with versamark. Then I heat embossed with white embossing powder. Then I sponged color on until I was happy with the color. Then I used a damp towel to wipe the ink off the snowflakes. Lastly I added my sentiment.

This was an interesting technique. You sprayed water onto watercolor paper. Then add watercolors to the card. When it is dry use a fine line black marker to outline the areas of color. I did than and added it as a panel on this card.

These cards were made last weekend after I received 2 new stamps. The cat in the window and the three plants in a row are new. These cards will be sent to South Carolina Juvenile Justice System.

I had fun stamping with a friend this past week. She had us make the coffee card. I had us make the palm tree card. I also had some fun cutting out them stamping and coloring the cactus. I like those cats as well. I was using scraps of designer series paper that tend to be left in the pack.

Verse of the Day: 1 Thessalonians 3:12-13
Image result for 2 Thessalonians 3:5

Tomorrow Sarah and I are going to see this movie. I have had Winnie the Pooh in my life for the last 40 years. When I was in college people often bought me Winnie the Pooh items for my classroom.
My kids had Winnie the Pooh things and of course the videos they'd watch over and over.
I know I'll leave the theater happier than I went in.

Blessing of the Day: Tim pulled the tape off the woodwork in the family room and living room. It looks so nice! Tomorrow we will put the two rooms back together.
Praising God that Tim likes doing this type of thing.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...