Tuesday, August 7, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook August 7, 2018


For Today, Tuesday, August 7, 2018 My 25th Wedding Anniversary

It all started here.

 Looking out my window, it's a bright, sunny day. We had terrible thunderstorms last night that brought "the little kid out in me!" ha-ha-ha

I am thinking that today being my 25th Wedding Anniversary is such a special day for us. It started out early with gorgeous flowers and a beautiful card that made me cry.

 As usual, Tim's cards always make me cry happy tears of joy and love.
We began here:Tim and I were brought together by God and were married 25 years ago today!  We have truly been blessed with each other. Thanking God for all He's done for us in these 25 years! 

I am thankful that God brought Tim and I together 25 years ago. Tim's been such a blessing to me and the kids.

One of my favorite things is watching baseball games with Tim. Last night we watched the Cleveland Indians win again. We also saw a heart-warming reunionart.

Trevor Bauer becomes the 11th pitcher in Cleveland Indians history to record 200 strikeouts in a season, and only Corey Kluber has done it in fewer innings! 👏👏

I am creating lots of cards for the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club challenges.
This is a waterfall card. You pull the tab at the bottom and the card moves so you can see each square.

This was a fun challenge. You had to use a stencil or two for a background, then add your images.

This challenge you needed to use crayons. I colored the images with crayons, then did a crayon resist technique for the clouds and sun.

This challenge was to stamp an image in white ink onto dark card stock. Then color it with colored pencils. Lastly you were to add white dots.

This card challenge was to make a beach scene. I made my scene then put it behind a window,

This card challenge was to watercolor. I watercolored the image and sponged around her. I added a window and curtains to add some interest.


I am wearing PJ's until we go out to dinner. My anniversary present to myself! 

I am reading  nothing right now. I have two books waiting to have the pages opened.

I am hoping our anniversary is a beautiful day for us. Our son invited us over to watch the Indian's game at their fire pit.

I am learning to roll with whatever God brings my way.

In my kitchen all is quiet since we're going out to eat tonight. We're going to The Cheesecake Factory.  Maybe I'll just have dessert! Yum!
Image result for cheesecake factory
In the school room I am learning new stamping techniques and having fun with the Fan Club challenges.  I'm also watching a Ken Burns show on New York City.

Image result for ken burns new york


In my garden the butterfly bushes are attracting some butterflies we've not seen before. It's such a beautiful sight to see.
Image result for butterfly bush

Image result for butterfly bush

A moment from my day-This is my helper Chloe. Anywhere there is paper she will find it and take a nap. We've just had lunch and she's happy she got some turkey.



This is my card for Crafters of Faith Challenge on Splitcoaststampers.
 Here was our challenge:
August 2018 ~ Hostess: Dawn
Scripture: Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
My Challenge: Since it is summer...use fireflies on your card....Or, if you have absolutely NO fireflies, choose a summer light source...mason jar with a light, tiki torch, flashlight.

I cut out the jar, lid and fireflies then stamped and colored them. I sponged the background stars with night of navy ink. I colored the fireflies (lightning bugs is what we called them) with yellow wink of stella. All images were added with dimensionals.


Verse of the Day: Proverbs 3:7-8
Image result for Proverbs 3:7-8

For my anniversary today I thought I'd share TobyMac's song, I Just Need You. It applies to my feelings for God and Tim as well. I'm so blessed and I know it. Thank you Lord.



Blessing of the Day: Sharing my 25th Anniversary with Tim, Ben and Rachel. Overflowing with blessings.

1 comment:

Tajuana said...

Congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary! What a beautiful story. My hubby and I have been married over 22 years. May God bless you two with many more years together :-) Those are some pretty cards too.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...