Wednesday, August 15, 2018

I Was Lost, But Now I Am Found!


Monday was one of my card making classes, so I was busy doing the prep work for it last week.
I am doing a 4 card, One Sheet Wonder with a 6 x 6 piece of designer series paper. We also made a mini coffee cup box.

The ladies loved the projects. I showed how the One Sheet Wonder could be altered in different ways and could be very simple or more involved.

Tuesday for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers they celebrated their 700th color challenge. The way they did it was to have each hostess choose their favorite color challenge. You could choose to do one or all 5. I did all five. I just love challenges. They have stretched my stamping skills so far. At first they were very difficult and I didn't enjoy doing them.
With a different challenge each day on Splitcoaststampers, I've gotten used to them. I'm someone who enjoys learning and sharing that. I learn new techniques and pass them on to my customers and friends.
What made these challenges more difficult was you could use a neutral color, but NO other colors. So I couldn't make green grass, I had to use 1 of the three colors given or a neutral color.

The challenge was to use cherry cobbler, crumb cake and marina mist and make a beach. I stamped the sand first then added the plants and dots. I stamped the water next and added clear wink of stella. I sponged clouds in the sky and added birds and the sentiment.

The challenge was to use blushing bride, pink pirouette and old olive and make a Spring or Hope card. I made a Hope card. I colored the image with the markers and stamped to the left. I stamped the sentiment with pink pirouette and old olive. I dry embossed the background and layered the card.

The challenge was to use pear pizzazz, so saffron and berry burst and make a card with flowers.
I stamped in memento tuxedo black ink and colored the flowers with SU markers. I added clear wink of stella to the yellow areas on the card. I added ribbon and the sentiment with dimensionals.

The challenge was to use chocolate chip, mint macaron and sweet sugarplum with something new. This stamp set is brand new. I covered the card with water then dropped ink from the aqua painter onto the card. It moved and flowed. I dried it with my heat tool. Then I stamped the dandelion with chocolate chip ink and the sentiment in sweet sugarplum.

The challenge was to use crushed curry, cajun craze and fresh fig with metallics. I dry embossing the metal paper then rubbed cajun craze and crushed curry on the metal paper. I layered it on the background paper and stamped the sentiment in fresh fig. It was added with dimensionals.

Here is the inspiration for my card: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...&ppuser=157841
I ripped paper for the first layer of sand. I sponged the rest of the sand and sky. I stamped, colored and cut out the cactus plants. I added the sentiment and eyes to the first cactus. I added flowers and faceted dots to the others.

I moved some of my things on my desk and place my grid paper on the other side of my desk. Guess who came to supervise then take a nap? Yup, sweet Chloe!  She does this often on Tim's desk but is usually trying to sit on papers he's trying to work with! LOL  She's such a cutie isn't she?


Sedona, Arizona-This is such beautiful country. We had a family vacation to Arizona, and this was one of the most beautiful places we visited.
St. Joseph Michigan lighthouse. I just love lighthouses so when I see one I like, I add it here. Check out the wave behind the lighthouse!



Verse of the Day: 1 Corinthians 3:16
Image result for 1 Corinthians 3:16

This is a new Christian artist to me, Austin French. I like this song. See what you think. The words are included in the video. Austin lives in Nashville, Tennessee with his wife and two little boys.


Blessing of the Day: I got to see Sarah for lunch. She's working 8-5 Monday - Friday so her time is limited. Weekends are full of errands and friends and family. This is her first full-time job so it's taking some getting used to for both of us!

I was used to seeing her once a week for a few hours. I'll take what I can get!

Tim has finished the primer in the two hallways and kitchen. He finished the ceilings in those areas today! Painting begins tomorrow!
I've been blessed with such a hard-working husband. He loves doing this kind of stuff so that in itself is amazing!

No comments:

Cavs, Cards and Craziness

 Crazy finishes for our Cleveland Cavaliers this week.  When they can hit threes, they're so much fun to watch. To come from behind and ...