Monday, August 27, 2018

You Know When You're Blessed






You know, sometimes life just seems to fly by. This weekend for instance seemed to go by in a blink.
I saw this little  cutie and couldn't resist sharing her this morning. Not sure if you feel like this, but at least it will make you smile.

Friday a dear friend and I went to Hollo's Paper Craft store in Brunswick. If you haven't heard of Hollos, it's a huge warehouse filled with all things for stamping, school supplies, storage containers, boxes from stores long gone like, May Company and Higbees.
They have handmade paper, blank Christmas and Wedding invitations that can be printed.
There is such an assortment of old and current items.  The reason I go is that I can get card stock for $1.50 a pound.
Image result for hollos paper craft photo

Down the road a couple of miles is another favorite store, Hobby Lobby. My friend is one who shops 'red tags' I'll bet she found almost every red tag in the store. She's the type of shopper who puts it in her cart and decides at the end what she really wants.
Then she has to put back the items she didn't want.
Image result for hobby lobby

Right there was a Panera, so we had lunch with the 50,000 other people. I thought people worked on Friday, but they were all there for lunch at 1:00! LOL
Image result for panera

I saw this image on FB and had to share. A good friend of mine said she loved these flowers. This was taken in Nantucket. I loved that place when I was there years ago. We stayed in a Bed and Breakfast with the most friendly guests and owners.  This brought back many wonderful memories for me.

Saturday morning we got up early to deliver this beautiful Singer treadle sewing machine to my sister in Columbus. This was the machine my grandmother used. It sat in front of a dormer window in her bedroom. As a kid I played with the treadle because it was so cool. I'm sure my grandmother hated trying to sew with this after her grandkids had played with it.


It only took a couple of hours to drive to Columbus. We had a great lunch with my sister and brother-in-law and chatted for a while. Then we were off again.
Image result for columbus ohio

We stopped at a Menards in Columbus to get our paint and assorted items for the dining room. It was closer than going to the one in our area. We couldn't find the paint we wanted anywhere but there.
Image result for menards

We came home tired and happy that we'd accomplished so much.

Sunday we went to church and Ben and Rachel were part of the band. I can't tell you how emotional I got with singing and watching my song play his guitar and move to the music. He was praising God. Next thing I saw was a partially raised had as he sang. I got tears in my eyes knowing that He was truly saved and belonged to God. It's not through us but through God the he's saved. Pretty emotional when you know you'll spend eternity with your child.
Image result for church band

After church, I went to serve lunch to seniors and those less fortunate. I was a server and my table had 5 women. 1 woman was alone, so I spent time with her on and off. I can't tell you how much I hurt for this single woman. She'd lost her husband 6 months ago. I truly wished I could have gotten her name and number so I could talk to her and get to know her.

When the table of ladies got up to leave I thanked them for letting me, a first-timer serve them. One woman said, sorry you won't be getting a tip. I told her my tip was being their server. I told her I was blessed to be their server and I hoped I'd done well.  They said I had done a great job. I told them I'd look for them next month so I could serve them once again.

I was on such a high from that experience that I wore Tim out telling him all about it! LOL
Image result for serving elderly women lunch

After dinner I hopped into the pool to cool off. It was a humid day. It was so peaceful and quiet. I continuously thanked God for blessing me. This was an emotionally charged day and I was so thankful.


Here was my inspiration for my card.


I stamped these cuties and colored them with non-Christmas colors so I could use this card now if I wanted. I kept it to two colors. 
I used a penguin but a different stamp. I used liquid applique to give dimension to the snow falling like Mandy did. I made my card A2 size and used fussy cutting for my sentiment.

Here's Saturday's card where I wove paper then added my image.
I wove white, navy and turquoise papers into a square. I added it to my navy card stock. I stamped and colored my card with copics.

The challenge was to use two mediums and make an artist trading coin. I guess they are circle instead of cards. It's new to me. I'll make this  then add it to a card I make.
 I inked the circle with blue, brown and green. Then I spritzed it with water and blotted. Then I inked again and spritzed and wiped to blend the colors. I added the desert silhouette stamp in the background and added wink of stella in the sky.



 I stamped the images and colored them with copic markers. I added the delightfully detailed border to the olive paper. I stamped the large sentiment on top and added turquoise as the card base. I used liquid applique for the cotton. I added it to the cotton images then heated it and it bubbled up.

This is a double challenge; the clean and simple which was make a card with weather. The second challenge was to make a wobble card. So this cutie is on a wobbler which makes this card much more fun.

Verse Of The Day:Proverbs 168:2
Image result for Proverbs 18:2

This is a song I recently heard where the reason we're here is emphasized. Take a listen and see if you agree with Casting Crowns.


Blessing of the Day: God is so faithful even when I'm not.
Thank for visiting today.
Blessings,

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...