Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Your Will, Not Mine


So much going on that time on the blog is less and less. I've been busy with friends, Tim and family. That all comes before the blog.

I have been continuing to pray for God's will and not my own, which is so hard. I came across this on FB and decided I needed to use this to continue to remind me. Maybe you also struggle with God's will for your life. I pray this helps you too.

This is a fun card that was made for a color challenge. colors were so saffron, real red and early espresso. I challenged myself to make something other than a fall card. I've got some other fun coffee stamps and dies. I should get them out and play with them soon.

I drink two cups a day. One when I wake up and one after dinner.  Tim drinks lots more than I do. We enjoy our Keurig coffee maker. We each like very different coffees so one cup at a time is great for us.  I like flavored coffee like chocolate raspberry, blueberry and Cinnabon cinnamon coffee.  Tim likes a strong coffee like Sumatra.

Here's the video for embosssed enamel leaf technique.
I colored the watercolor paper with the aqua painter and ink from lids of ink pads. Then I stamped the leaves with images. I heat embossed the leaves. I used dimensionals to add the leaves. I sponged the leaves with the cut outs from the watercolor paper. I sponged the edges of the card. I added it to the real red background.


  I followed the technique instructions found here, for the Impressible Stamp technique for my sentiment.
I colored the flower with watercolor pencils colored with wink of stella and zig paint brushes.
I used plastic wrap crumpled up to stamp the background using the distress oxide inks. I did the same with the sentiment. The image and sentiment were cut out with MFT stitched oval dies.


Here is the inspiration for my card:
The Holiday Aisle Fall/Thanksgiving Leaf Beverage Napkins (Set of 16)
I colored watercolor paper with oxide inks then stamped the large leaves with crumb cake. Then I used dies to cut out the leaves. I edged the leaves in gold or green. I added the leaves to espresso paper then dry embossed the red background . The small leaves were added with dimensionals.


God is the builder of all that exists. It's all His and He lets us borrow it.
Image result for Hebrews 3:4

Here's a song by Colton Dixon called, Back To Life
Only God can bring us back to life spiritually.


Blessing of the Day: Watching the baseball game with Tim.
Tim continues to make progress on my office area. He's put primer on the walls and is ready to paint.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...