Thursday, September 6, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook September 6, 2018

For Today, September 6, 2018

This is where it all began. 


Looking out my window, it's sunny and much cooler than the last two days.  The last two days were so hot and humid that schools closed. Most schools in our area don't have air conditioning.

I am thinking I need to get outside and swim before it gets much later. Yesterday I waited too long and storms came. I didn't even know storms were coming.

I am thankful for all Tim can do. Here is my craft room with the wainscoting on the wall. He needs to remove the tape, patch the corners and paint the bottom of the wall. He will then paint the top. It's looking so good!

One of my favorite things watching Cleveland Indians play baseball.Image result for cleveland indians

I am creating cards with a coffee theme. I stamped with my great friend Jan, and these were her stamps. I had a great time coloring these, adding white liquid applique and heating it, then adding diamond glaze to make the coffee look wet.


I am wearing a t-shirt from OBX vacation, jean shorts and flip flops.

I am listening to Alistar Begg's sermonImage result for alistair begg

I am hoping that Ben and Rachel have a wonderful few days in Amish country. They will celebrate their 5th wedding anniversary tomorrow.

I am learning 

In my kitchen all is quiet but the dishwasher and the coffee maker.

In the school room kids are back to school today in our district. They had an extended Labor Day Holiday with two heat days. We had temps in the mid 90's, and because it's so hot in the schools especially those with a second floor, they cancelled classes.


In my garden we still have strawberries blooming. We've picked our green tomatoes to fry them.


Image result for green tomatoes

Shared Quote
  


A moment from my day- I love making cards when I don't have any other things pressing. This is a set of cards that was made with balmy blue, highland heather, gorgeous grape and soft sea foam.



This was a fun card to make using a Penny Black stamp. I added clear Wink of Stella to the ivy and hat. I added white liquid applique to the hat then heated it  with a heat tool.


This was white ink stamped on black. I colored with colored pencils then added dots around the images. I added embossing and ribbon to continue with the dotted theme.


This was a challenge for today. The challenge was to make a card celebrating a job people do. Barista was what I chose.


This fun card was made with this cutie pie elephant. The challenge was to make a card using something to do with a phone. I chose to do my FIRST phone!






Verse of the Day:
Image result for Proverbs 22:4

New song from Casting Crowns. Give it a listen.


Blessing of the Day: I got to see Ben today before he left for his anniversary trip. I slept very late and Tim had to wake me so I could visit with Ben.
Tim continues to work hard on this house. It's wonderful that he's not on a schedule. He can do this at his own pace.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...